Originally Posted By: samurai
did people on a ski/snowboard forum just say Whistler is in America? Jesus. I'm not even going to correct you.

skidaisuki, 108 to the US dollar isn't low? How long have you been in Japan? Obviously longer than myself... because 108 is a 3.8 year record. Last month I got roughly a 120 exchange with Lloyds. This month I got roughly a 110. I haven't seen rates this low in over 3 years.

It shot from 116 to 121 in one day when Kim Jung Il launched his fizissles.

Samurai, 120 to the dollar is a lower (weaker yen) than 108! I think you just proved skidaiskuki's point.
did people on a ski/snowboard forum just say Whistler is in America? Jesus. I'm not even going to correct you.

skidaisuki, 108 to the US dollar isn't low? How long have you been in Japan? Obviously longer than myself... because 108 is a 3.8 year record. Last month I got roughly a 120 exchange with Lloyds. This month I got roughly a 110. I haven't seen rates this low in over 3 years.

It shot from 116 to 121 in one day when Kim Jung Il launched his fizissles.

haha, yeah. Technically, Whistler is in America...I know people out there believe saying "America" is synonymous with "The United States", but thats not necessarily true. Even I get caught up saying America instead of USA. Whistler is in British Columbia, Canada,close to Vancouver in case anyone didn't know.

BTW, "a girls culture" snow resort.....HAHA.....Check out Big Bear Mountain and Snow Summit in California during spring break (march/april). Nothing but debaucheries and girls hitting the slopes in their bikinis. However, there really isn't any powder and Bear Mountain is one big park, literally. ALL runs have either jumps or jibs...not for the freerider.

Samurai - sorry for the delayed reply - as sombody pointed out above, 108 isn't low (relatively speaking) because it represents a stronger yen than at 120 per USD. And yes, I've been here for a while, on and off - back in the early 1990s the yen temporarily (b)reached cent parity - i.e. less than 100 per USD - but since then for much of the time since it's been considerably weaker than that.

Whatever the exchange rate it never seems to move the way you want it to whenever you need or want to switch currencies - that seems to be a universal law! My personal obsession with the Yen/USD exchange rate arises from the fact that most of my company's earnings are in USD. We're hoping the Greenback doesn't go the way of the Zimbabwe dollar in the long run...

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I think tongues were most definitely lodged in cheeks

I was hoping so.

78, thursday? If it breaks below a hundred, I'll be sending cash like there's no tomorrow. How long ago was that?

Must have been summer of 95. Cnd $ was around 64! A couple of weeks ago it peaked at around 124. -almost double. Wish I knew what it was gonna do next cause I'm sitting on a wack of cash that I want to send to Canada.

The pound is strong because it's the land of hope and glory, master of the seas.

And if gordo brings them home while nervously sticking his finger up at bush, then it will go even higher as the yanks will need to suck it up for the next 2 generations.