Hanazono: Sold! To the Chinese fellow at the back

Just been watching from the sidelines, staying in hospital, doing time in jail - you name it!

The team's undergone a few changes, relocations, benchings, suspensions, retirements, new signings, contractual issues - you know, just you're everyday kinda thing...

That being said, FT and K'dake - just now sure anymore... The politics in this place are thick. Think we all jkust need to MELLO. That's what the Coach advised...

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BK does it all man - booz is the priority, but we also like snowboarding, skiing, boozn, hockey, running, wrestling, boozn, Susukino, fightin, cycling, swimming, boozin, Buffet... what did I forget...?

Should all that have been in the past tense? Feedback pls.

You haven't seen the movies...?

Originally Posted By: JaySee
The BK does it all man - booz is the priority, but we also like snowboarding, skiing, boozn, hockey, running, wrestling, boozn, Susukino, fightin, cycling, swimming, boozin, Buffet... what did I forget...?

Should all that have been in the past tense? Feedback pls.

You haven't seen the movies...?

C'mon Jaysee........past tense? We're just kicking into the next gear as the last buffet trip would suggest, no?

Need to get Twins a video....yes we do (did? that could maybe be past tense) play hockey.

I'm talking about the series from BK Entertainment;

"For Those Of You Sittin' On Yer Couch Smokin' Ciggies" - a cult classic.

"Good Times In A Bottle" - a box office blow out!

and...

"There's No 'I' In Booz" - coming soooon!

With the Coach's permission, I'll give you the youtube link for "Just A Sip", the preview to this year's release...

Man, I really gotta get some work done...

Sunshine's flat.

(or at least it used to be before they opened up that radical new stuff)

Lake Louise doesn't get any snow.

The town looks like Disney World.

Whew. I've been wanting to get that off my mind for a while.

Originally Posted By: ger
Sunshine's flat.
(or at least it used to be before they opened up that radical new stuff)
Lake Louise doesn't get any snow.
The town looks like Disney World.

Whew. I've been wanting to get that off my mind for a while.

yeah, sunshine is flat. And the snowfall is the lakes only weak point (except fot the fact that they are stopping making parkslike they used to).

But the town of Banff is quite nice, totally undeserving of your venom (unless we are talking about having the highest STD rate per capita in Canada).
As a ski town, Banff looks a billion times better than any Japanese ski village i have been to. Nozawa can be magical, but that is only when the snow covers up all the damned concrete ugliness.
 Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan

But the town of Banff is quite nice, totally undeserving of your venom (unless we are talking about having the highest STD rate per capita in Canada).
As a ski town, Banff looks a billion times better than any Japanese ski village i have been to. Nozawa can be magical, but that is only when the snow covers up all the damned concrete ugliness.

I find Banff feels really corporate and formulaic. -Like Starbucks or McDonalds or Disney but the theme is "North American Mountain Town". I kind of like some of the Japanese ski villages I've seen. Ugly often, but they're kind of random and uncontrolled.

But I LOVE the Alberta Rockies for a lot of reasons. I was just trolling. ;\)

Worked at Sun peaks for 2 seasons.

At that time you could get free tickets to any resort in the province. Spent many days at the Old Fernie, man it was great back in the day. Fish or beyond used to be sick. Currie was crazy as were the saddles if you did them when the resort closed.

Also traveled to Whitewater and toured there. Hit lots of places saw Whitetooth before it became KHMR. BW and SS also and didnt rate them very high. the great thing about Sun peaks back then was the traverse. Never a ton of snow but it held out well and you could traverse into good knee deep powder right into closing.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Serre I've been skiing well over 20 years now in many places around the world so I have a little avvie awareness and I don't take silly risks. I do find it amazing though just how incredibly stable the snowpack here generally is (compared to many other places I've skied). I have skied here 150+ days and have only once witnessed an avvie that carried a skier along with it. It was small and the guys was not hurt or buried. I've also done many trips backcountry including up Youtei and have never once seen an avvie out back. I'm not saying they don't happen or are never dangerous but on the whole this is a pretty safe area when it comes to avvie danger. The resort managers have done a great job in minimising the risk with gate closures on high risk days. The locals rules have worked very well since there has been no deaths here since their introduction.

Sounds like you know what you're doing GN. Just in case you are really unlucky and get tagged, would not hurt to have buddy + gear. Or just in case you fall in a stupid creek or something like that. It can happen to the best of us. A few experienced people on this forum have been tagged before (not too badly)or had the dis-pleasure of going for a winter swim in icy water. I am surprised the pack is so stable. Is it because of the pitch? grin.gif

Just kidding, do not want to re-stoke the fire that was going on earlier on. wink.gif Anyway, hope you have a great season up there GN.

I am really bummed by that pic being angled. I was really impressed originally. Does anybody have a non-angled version of that area just to see what it looks like?