Hanazono: Sold! To the Chinese fellow at the back

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah - mellow-mite...that is all good...

But the value for money would be in getting FT to Niseko and watching him itching to hit the hill and crack a smile but fighting the urge for not wanting to be seen having fun on anything other than a cliff face! LOL

Niseko folk, upload some vids on that new snowjapan.tv section. I've been enjoying watching all the vids over there but there are many more from Hakuba than from Niseko.. I know it's new and all before the season starts - and that I can do searches on youtube - but more Niseko is needed on there to balance it out right now. \:\)

i f###ing hate Niseko too, flat as a pancake........any sponsors?? shifty.gif \:\)

Hey, the guy's got an opinion and although he hasn't had personal experience, he is basing it upon those of many close friends who he knows well and they know him well. This happens often when buying stuff, you rarely try before you buy, so you take opinions of those close to you who have used it and make a decision based upon their ideas and how you know them.

Its no biggie!! I personally would love to try out both places, roll on winter!!

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
Im not telling you to shut up but if you want to have go I can have a go.

I bet i can find more people that refer to Niseko as flat than you can find them saying it isnt.

Is the second sentence seriously your idea of fulfilling the ambition expressed in the first?

This is just a repeat of the repeat of the repeat of since SJ existed.

Give fatts a free trip to Niseko, all expenses paid at the height of the season and he will NOT come. He is busy some place else.

Niseko sells itself, no matter what is said here. See you guys in Hokkaido.

I kept my own records last winter living in middle Hirafu village, measuring the snow outside my front door every morning.

Between 08 December 2006 and 20 April 2007 I measured 11.5 m

I'm looking forward to skiing the mountains on Honshu for the first time and I'm really looking forward to skiing at Niseko United again. I wouldn't be here for my second winter otherwise.

If there's better snow out there than that found at Niseko United in it's worst winter in 35 years (last winter) then I can't wait to ski it. This is the best snow (quality and quantity) that I've had the pleasure of skiing. And I've done seasons in Colorado, Utah, Montana, BC, the Tirol of Austria, & the Italian Dolomites. And holidayed in France, Norway, Switzerland, Chile, Argentina and New Zealand.

So please name names so I can put them on my list.

All I know is I skied boot top pow on Saturday at Grand Hirafu; it snowed above 500m last night; it hasn't stopped snowing all day today; and I'm heading up bright and early for turns tomorrow.

Happy days \:\)

Bless you Mike , you understated b**tard.

You're exactly the type of skier I'm talking about in Niseko.

You've been to a bunch of places and skied a whole lot of years - and can probably smoke almost anyone on any given day.

Your politeness and reserve in this and other forums is admirable.

But I suspect you're underselling yourself.

Enjoy that new snow.

fattwins I am interested in exactly why you are so passionate about this issue. I mean are you seriously going to post topo maps??! Why do you never miss an opportunity to put Niseko down? Why do you care that so many people love Niseko? At the end of the day what is it that bothers you so damn much that you feel compelled on numerous forums to try and make people feel like idiots for thinking that the skiing is amazing at Niseko?

I for one am not asking you to come to Niseko as I couldn't care less whether you like the place or not. It would just be nice for people to be able to enter these forums and express their love of Niseko without being made to feel as though they must be fools for thinking so. Yes we have had some fun over time debating these issues but really haven't you made your points a few hundred times now? How about just putting your energies into promoting the region you love rather than bagging a place you've never been and have no interest in coming to. And you don't have to put Niseko down to promote Hakuba, there are better strategies.

That is the thing GN I didnt start it this time some else is taking shots, now Im firing back. I believe people will have fun on most vacations. I believe they will have fun in Niseko. Ive been saying that this season and stying out of this crap,,,, but I wont let someone take a shot at me or other members. Calling SJ skiers not really good and flinging crap that isnt true. The whole Skiing world knows Niseko is FLAT. The same way we know Jackson Hole is steep. We dont have to go to Jackson Hole to know that is true. Why do people that can read, do math, understand terrain and topo maps have to go somewhere to be proven that it is flat. The proof is right there in the maps. Fact is a fact. Niseko is one of the flattest big resorts in Japan Period! It doesnt take a genius to figure it out.

Lets loading maps of the steepness that isnt Niseko.

http://watchizu.gsi.go.jp/watchizu.aspx?id=64402500

Trail ratings of steepness

http://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/course-higashi.html

http://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/course-hirafu.html

http://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/course-annu.html

Lets see one course had a pitch at one point of 40 degrees man sick! but 248 meters long with an average of 18 degrees, WTF? A 40 degree roll over shouldnt count as a steep section.