Costs roughly that much to get your Level 3 in Austria. It doesn't increase your pay that much, but what it does allow is to become a stakeholder in a ski school. I.e. you're allowed to become like a shareholder in the ski school and at the end of the season profits are distributed among the stakeholders. Lower levels don't get that opportunity. Depending on the ski school you can make a tidy sum out of it.

That is an insane amount of money. So what is the cheap way of doing it? I have been looking into doing it in NZ next year, but cant see anything for less than 10000$ It seems like its all aimed at UK kids on their gap years.

Originally Posted By: Legion
Costs roughly that much to get your Level 3 in Austria. It doesn't increase your pay that much, but what it does allow is to become a stakeholder in a ski school. I.e. you're allowed to become like a shareholder in the ski school and at the end of the season profits are distributed among the stakeholders. Lower levels don't get that opportunity. Depending on the ski school you can make a tidy sum out of it.

In that case, can I buy a level 3, join a ski school, not actually teach or anything and then have a share?

Nah, an easier way would be just to invest in one. The way I see it, the ski schools with English speaking teachers are raking it in. I see it lasting for quite a long time too. Location of course is the key.

I got my licence to ski teach for 200 bucks when I was 19 or 20. another 300 for the next level. That source is easy enough to find search learn to ski in Niseko and you will find a ton of places.

Payback equals the amount of time it will take you to make back on your investment. Figure extra food etc and you are talking 16000 bucks! I still havent seen 14000 dollars total earnings in 20 years of part time teaching.

Mate do you really think that people want lessons everyday?

Seriously you are on crack or something. Busy times are chinese new year and until feb. That is 2 monthes max and even then you will average 5 days a week max and have cancels.

yeah I'm on crack and I want lessons everyday of the week and nightas too.

Maybe you aint been paying attention. Ask your friendsup north what kinda bookings they're taking. I had a very hard time trying to get an English speaking instructor for my friends.

It costs that much in Austria because it's a ~100 day course at ~10,000 yen a day. So not only do you have to figure in the cost of the course, you have to figure in the lost income from a whole season.

The other issue is getting in to the course in the first place. When I did Level 2 (~100,000 yen) there were 400 applicants trying out for 100 places. Apparently for the Level 3 they get more like a 10 to 1 ratio of applicants to places. So you have to be pretty good to get through the 2 day tryouts.

SJ'er

Location: Cairns, Australia That is an insane amount of money. So what is the cheap way of doing it? I have been looking into doing it in NZ next year, but cant see anything for less than 10000$ It seems like its all aimed at UK kids on their gap years.

You hit the nail on the head here- that is exactl;y who they are aiming at -that is nothing for rich english kids - basic laws of supply and demanad !

you mean if you were wanting a ski instructor for the day? I don't suppose qualifications would come to mind, just his/her availabilty and the price. But I gather there are min qualifications for leading the lesson:

Canadian level 2

NewZealand level 2

ect.

There are loads of instructors here who could fill in the gaps.

I have photoshopped myself an instructors badge.

I am taking on students now, and I only charge $1 per video click.

clap.gif

Ok, video's do NOT make up for the real deal... But it gives you a heads up before you get on the slopes with someone who knows what they are doing =)

If i had the cash, I would definitely get some help.. I need it...