Bored with the big names. New policy this year

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doe it hurt more that I said something true? Look mate I dont really care where you ski. You put this thread out there now there are comments. I get your point you dont want to ski the hyped up places, blah blah blah. But you really arent skiing the unknown places now are you?

I will say something because I can say something.

Where exactly did I ever say that I wanted to ski unknown places? Go on look back and re-read. I never said that. I never even (consciously) implied that.

wakaranai.gif

I don't know why you are getting so worked up about this. I was simply starting a thread and quite sad that it has turned out as it has here. No thread is safe it seems!

Just let it be will you guys.

I know what you mean orinoco. Sometimes the hype can be a put off and it is fun to find new (to you) places. I try to do that each year to some extent.

I think you'll have a good time in those places you mention. I like Myoko a lot it's a really nice area. Never done Fukushima but I'd like to give some of those places over there a go.

fukdane - are you actually in Fukishima?

Ferrari and Porsche are arguably the sharpest cars on Earth. Fattwins drives a slack Volvo bloatmobile because it is good enough for him.

I've driven Volvos and they are shit. Volvo gave me one of their cars while they fixed my Subaru because of their inadequate preparation. It broke down.

It is very nice to be the sharpest skier on the block. Hakuba may be the "best" in Japan. Volvo drivers aren't noted for their sensitivity or awareness. There are alternatives.

Soubs read what I wrote I know other places! I have skied about 40 plus places from hyogo to gunma. I dont think that Hakuba is the end all and be all of Japan either but it is a bigline paradise.

Come on Im the damn Ferrari damit!

Mate, Hakuba is the best place in Japan without doubt. You are a far better skier than I ever was or ever will be. For some of us, a little less is enough.

And an arse-dragging Volvo bloatmobile is a serious lack of taste. I can beat you there. Oh nonono ;\)

As in Niseko, it would seem there are now obviously a lot of cheeseshops in Hakuba. Cheeseman would be happy. \:\)

I'm with you orinoco. I probably go to Kagura most but last season I was getting a bit bored. Especially with their lifts as it takes a long time to get to the decent stuff.

I tried to find a few new places - for me - and this year intend to do so more. It's fun to go to new places. And fun is good.

Yeah, don't hunt us gaijin down... don't bother finding us who actually go to where it is worth riding at these local spots.

I get FT's point now... I think.

It doesn't matter which resort you go to. If you are trying to get away from the crowd to find decent skiing, you won't find it by going places that are necessarily less crowded. it took us years to find those secret spots... and even the locals don't go there.

Why do you want to get away from the big names? because they're crowded?

I'm quite positive any pow-freak on this forum could find you secrets at any resort in this country... away from the crowds- local or foreign... many of which will be at the bigger resorts.

Well I'm going to Hakuba for the first time this year and I am well excited. I also wanna hit Shiga and Noz this year too, been reading about them on the net recently and my excitement levels have blasted thru the roof!!! I can't wait to get going!!