bit of a local scene. weekends are busier with parties, djs. echoland would be party central for hakuba. a few good bars, one club & plenty of izakaya food places to start off the night. tokyo weekenders don't party, they drink beer in their hotel rooms after an onsen, season workers are ummmm.... usually working (it's japan after all). more beer for us. do you like reggae?

There is no nightlife in Hakuba unfortunately. Unless you happen to be there for a special event or something similar you'll find the European and Japanese apres ski worlds apart. Like eskimobasecamp said, Japanese go to there hotel rooms to drink with the people that they went skiing with rather than go out and drink. Bit sad really.

Wait till February.

Look for the lilly white Drunken Gaijin in the streets.

Come say Hi & Party with me.. =)

I'll even bring a walkman with speakers.... clap.gif

<-- I think haveing a few drinks with ur ski buddies is pretty cool.

No point wastign money, and gettign drunk, especially if you want a clear head the next day. or maybe I am just getting old?

There is nightlife in Hakuba ;\) But we actually have snow here unlike Europe, so you don't need to party quite as hard (I'm not talking about my own personal preferences here), because you might wanna get up in the morning and shred some pow. There's always a party in Hakuba though, always.

Thanks. I must admit that l'm concerned about the nite life. Already paid for my flight to Tokyo, otherwise l would change my mind and go to a European resort.

Still, the lift pass and accommodation is far cheaper than Europe.

Guess l'll have to wait and see??

"I must admit that l'm concerned about the nite life. Already paid for my flight to Tokyo, otherwise l would change my mind and go to a European resort."

Soubs is right. If you are coming only to party, and you have no interest in great snow, friendly people and something very much better than the Euro ski 'experience' then forget it.

Hakuba's actually a good place to go out. The fact that it isn't full of **** like sone of the European resorts is one of the resons for this

Gotta admit by the end of a day on the board I am ready for a hot bath, a hot chocolate, a few ibuprofen/antiinflamatories and BED!

That way I can greet the next day on the board with the same enthusiasm as the last.

The odd night out and drinks with my friends and some new friends met on snow is great - but I would rather be saying "woo-hoo...bay-be!" on the way down the mountain than saying it stumbling along the street...

Maybe *I* am getting old too, Domokun! Eh?

And as far as the lift passes and accomodation goes ... ummm Europe is cheaper than Japan? REALLY? Heck - Japan is WAY cheaper than Australia! I reckon even if Europe is cheaper on those things you will spend the remainder and more on the apres 'image' attire. In Japan it is way more casual, and way more honest! (My Humble Opinion)

it's a world away from europe, in so many ways... but that's why you are checking out japan right? for the whole experience?

dude listen, i live in hakuba, the nightlife is awesome. usually on the weekend there are several parties going on in different locations across town with different djs (you'll see flyers around town), it's more than possible to party until 7am and there's also plenty of bars. (to name a few - tracks, 902, master braster, rockbridge, q' tips, mominoki, sauce, mangetsudo, naughtys in tsugaike, kokusai lodge, the whitehorse...)

during the week, the bars are open and there are people out, and i'm sure this season there will be even more people hanging out, especially around echoland, where there are a few bars on the main street. it's a different vibe from europe, but that's what makes it so awesome.