I quite enjoyed Lost seasons 1 and 2, even though at times it slowed down a bit. But I'm a bit into S3 now and it's all getting a bit silly and boring.... does it get better or have they lost the plot?

Deadwood is pretty good.

I see Battlestar Gallactica is coming to Skyperfect too as well soon.

Just finished Deadwood 3. It is a bit ponderous but I love the dialogue. One quote from Al is a real fav:

How does Hearst think to defeat me?...allied as I am with the imbecile, the contemptible and the promiscuous **** insane.

I was going to make that my signature, but it has too many characters in it. To cut it down wouldn't do it justice.

Most of the main characters in deadwood actually lived in deadwood. that's kind of cool I reckon.

HBO make some great shows. The Rome series was first rate as well.

dont worry about it, i think if you read this thread you can expect some kind of spoliers somewhere.

you could always use the spoiler function though of course...if you are worried about it.

I'm so happy lost isn't on right now, last year it destroyed my exam study. I thought season 3 was awesome, it really geared up towards the end! Damn these massive American season breaks.

I agree bobby, heroes just doesn't have that suspense and mystery of lost.

the problem is they use lots of flashbacks to remind you of the storyline, which i think is necessary for a weekly show. then theres tons of ads on top of that, so it seems slow.

the best way to watch is to download the series or get the dvds and then watch them in 3 or 4 episode bursts.

I just watched series one and two on dvd.

I got them from the library. It was really great. I caught up on heaps of little details that i had missed and got a great overview of what was going on.

Now i want a series 3 dvd to watch.

Yes, I think maybe if they had less characters and more general story development it would be better. I'm more interested in the main story than the individual character sub-stories.

I'm finding it too slow - about 10 episodes in now and I'm finding my mind straying. I want to know "what happens", but I like something faster.