Tested it out the stove over the w/e for lack of doing anything better. I was surprised at the amount of soot the stove generates when you pre-heat it. I guess that comes with the territory when using fuel versus gas but was quite surprised at how filthy the underbelly of the stove became. Also, a couple of times, after pre-heating I missed the right timing to keep the stove going. Even after waiting 5 mins to cool down it would not start again. I had to take out the fuel line, shake it, re-connect and then re-pump and re-start... When I finally got it going, I could not see the flame during day light, although I knew it was running by sticking my hand above it. A bit tricky. Better to find out now all the quirks than when it is -20c windy and cold as ..... Also, when taking out the fuel line, it is easy to get some fuel over your hands. When the fuel evaporates from your hands, you then freeze to death for the parts of your hands that were in contact with fuel. Anybody still using gas stove these days?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic