According to Weathernews (and Furano Now) looks like snow's on the way, for Furano at least, starting next weekend.

Will be good to see some snow on the webcams at last. Hakuba and the Nagano / Niigata resorts hopefully will soon follow...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I noticed that too. Since I am headed that way, I'm checking those pages regularly. Tomamu will be getting it too but neither have webcams. I'm keeping my bet on Kiroro's webcams to give the first snow sighting of this season.

I can't wait either!

There is some snow coverage on Asahidake and most of the other taller Daisetsuzan-sanmyaku peaks already.

There was some overnight snowfall at Sekihoku-touge on route 39 near Kitami this morning. everywhere else it seems to be just rainy.

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
You think it'll drop as expected this weekend?

There certainly appears to be some cold air on the way. It is likely to snow to low levels at night but day temps will be well above freezing still so only higher areas should hold it.

What great news this is! From today's Furano Now.

"First snow for the season has blanketed the ski resort white, white, white. It doesn't take much snow to make Furano look beautiful again. Freezing point was not at town level, but to just above the gondola station. It started snowing during the evening last night, and Furano woke to a white ski resort this morning."

We had a dusting of snow right down to village level in Niseko overnight and there have been light flurries through today. Not settling down low but Youtei is covered almost to the base. We just need more precip to come through now that it is cold...

Originally Posted By: Timmeh
any pics?

Take a look at these live traffic cameras - The upper left is the Asahikawa interchange looking toward Sapporo (you can get a fair idea of snowfall ad nearby Kamui Ski Links from this one), and the bottom left is Nakayama-touge (thsi is just past Sapporo Kokusai and on the way to Niseko and Rusutsu).

No, I was helping you post the link. If you want to post an image you need the url of the image. That will end with .gif or .jpg. Your link was a page, not an image. But if you want to post an image, you need to put before the image url and after the image url.

\:\)