I saw this a few time on tv drama and wanted to know if true.

For example, I am in shop and going to buy chocolate bar and drink. I open the chocholate bar and drink BEFORE paying and going through till area. Pay for it when go through even though half eaten already! Is that ok thing to do?

i sometimes do that, but not very often. if i'm doing a big supermarket shop and i'm hungry as hell i'll start munching some crackers or whatever. when i was a little kid my mum would open a drink or some chips and let me eat them while she did the shopping.

as long as you pay for it, i think it's ok

I don't like doing it.

In some shops it is considered rude.

In the words of the briliant comedian Billy Connelly:

Quote:

I was reading a dirty magazine the other day, when I came across a particularly salacious picture. The women in the picture was magnificent, I was pounding away like a man possessed, my eyes were rolling around in the back of my head, when the man in the shop said "are you going to buy that?"

lol.gif

Same topi... he heh

hehe.

I sometimes would drink a bottle of water in the supermarket but only in a big one and I would always pay for it.

My friend would have his dinner in there on the freshly backed pies/sausage rolls etc then just throw the empty wrappers in the trolley and leave it to pot luck if the person on the till notices it and charges or not. Often they wouldnt as the trolleys tend to have rubbish in them most of the time anyway.

it is not only rude, it it in fact stealing.

The goods on the shelves are an "offer to treat" which you make an offer to buy when you pick it up and take it to the cashier. The cashier accepts your offer to buy and takes the money, contract performed. If you use the product before the cashier takes your money, you are using someone else's property.

The supermarket people don't complain about it (drinking the water then paying for it). It's not great manners, but I don't think its a big deal either (in a big supermarket).

I don't do it often, just because it feels weird, but I have done it and paid for it at the end. i don't see the problem as long as you pay for it. People here seem to get on their high horse about things like this. Akibun, I wouldn't do it but if you do make sure you pay then everything is ok (in my book)

lol.gif as long as you pay for it.

when do you pay for it? On this reasoning you could eat the stuff, drink all the beers, sit in the aisle waiting for the shit to come, have a shit, go to sleep, and then what? Hold on, I've not paid for this, better go to the cashier.

It's thieving. Don't get defensive about it. You're a thief.

lol.gif