I racked my brains of all the characters and managed to remember one that is actually funny: The upper-middle class old woman at the garden fete who pukes up when she finds out the cakes shes eating were made by Pakistanis.

But how they get away with milking the same joke over and over again is quite mysterious. Monty Python used only one scene one time, and they packed that sucka with all the funny potential it could have.

If Little Britain had done 'the parrot sketch' then they would have done it once a week for 3 seasons, each time using 2 or 3 phrases.

Definitely. Every week it's almost exactly the same. And some of the scenes weren't even funny the first time round! lol.gif

Sample of "Tom Bakers" commentary:

"10 pin bowling is difficult, though easier than 11 pin bowling".

Side-splitting.

Little Britain is a work of genius. Vicky is just so difficult to do. They say Matt Lucas does vicky in one shoot.

Andy is just such a ludicrous creation that you have to laugh at what you suspect happens all the time, only it's too ridiculous to be real.

EXCELLENT. But, the computer says no....

Are they still making new series? What series they on now?

Next they will be just using the same VT from previous series and over-dubbing it with new wording.

I can't say Little Britain did much for me.

I was glad to see the UK clip of The Office and see some of the similarities and differences with the US version, of which I'm a huge fan.

I love the characters, Creed being one of them. So dirty!

I've just this week seen a bit of the US Office. Quite funny I could get into it. They have mad more of that than the UK one ever did.

Yeah, that was down to Ricky Gervais though Rach. The BBC wanted more but RG said that he thought that it was at an end, he didn't want to ruin it be dragging it on. He helped out with the US version as well and turned down the chance to star in it, he didn't think UK humour would've transferred to the US, I think he's right. I think the US one works in the same way the UK one does for us. It fits our style of humour.

I mean Little Britain. Ive only watched 10mins of The Office I hate Ricky Gervais. I dont know why, but he p@##s me off to the max. Even the little part he had in Night in/at the Museum made me nauseous.

Strange cos I like pretty much anything the UK has to offer from Ths Goons to the The League of Gentlemen.

Yep he is comedy genius.

Its funny cos I remember when he was on that Channel 4 program, kind of fake comedy news program (not The Day Today but The 11 o clock show which was a much more watered down one with topical comedy based on that weeks news). Him and Ali-g were both on it, and Ali-G soon went on to be a megastar and I remember thinking: "remember that poor old ricky gervais, he kinda sucked. I bet he must be well jealous of ali-g now" only for him to slap Ali-G ass with The Office shortly after.

i loved that programme bobby. When Ali G was unheard of and he was able to rip into loads of the British establishment was funny TV!! I didn't like RG on that though, I thought his humour then was very close to the bone. The chick that was on there was pretty funny as well, can't remember her name tho