I am sure he is...(seems a real nice guy - which is why I would not mind having a lesson with him - if I was on ski's that is!!)

I am just concerned about the number of brain farts I am having lately.... ummm does that mean I am ...getting..<shhhh> old...?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Major dump of snow happening in Niseko tonight. It's pretty heavy and wet down low but there's going to be a lot of it.

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, ok, i think you get the point.

woohoo!

Al
- less than 24 hours till we leave.

FRIDAY 14 DECEMBER 2007

Started snowing in earnest about 9pm last night.

Coming down at roughly a cm an hour overnight. Measured 9cm this morning (6am) and it's coming down heavier as I write (8am).

Wetter, denser snow down in the village.

Should be light above the top of Ace #2 chair.

Kutchan went from 39cm to 64cm overnight so that's 25cm accumulation down here. Should be a lot more higher up on the mountain. Not sure what you're measuring off Mike but there was a hell of a lot more than 9cm.

Measure on a flat deck next to my house that is unaffected by any wind transport.

Only got one pair of sticks - Salomon Equipe slalom skis. With the exception of 'elephant snot' which makes for more tiring turns they're right for me for here.

'You've got to be in it to win it' ;\)

Because of the mild temps and thermal heating I'd say a lot of the snowfall melted on your deck. Even Sapporo recorded around 20cm last night. Here I'd say we had over 30cm fell with an accumulation of 25+cm.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Because of the mild temps and thermal heating I'd say a lot of the snowfall melted on your deck. Even Sapporo recorded around 20cm last night. Here I'd say we had over 30cm fell with an accumulation of 25+cm.

Quite possibly GN. Could also have been slightly warmer in Kutchan which would have resulted in bigger flakes.

It was certainly deeper than 9cm on the hill this morning.

Denser, heavier snow than we know and love, but still great turns to be had.

Kath in a stash off Holiday at lunchtime

MikePow_17.jpg

Hopefully this heavier snow will cover up the Sasa and enable King 4 to open. Ski Patrol were riding it today, but couldn't see what they were doing up there due to fog.

Hopefully King 4 and access through the Hanazono gates will be ours soon.

God I wish someone like Intrawest would buy out Tokyu Resorts so we could actually see some decent development of the resort area. Because one thing is for sure the Japanese wouldn't know how to make or run a top class international skiing destination if they tried.

Originally Posted By: MikePow
SATURDAY 15 DECEMBER 2007

27cm in the past 24 hrs

Dumping as I write. Got a little cooler so pow should be lighter today.

Yours truly enjoying the wet pow yesterday

MikePow_18.jpg

Woohoo! We arrived about 15 minutes ago. Just settling into the hotel. They managed to lose one of the bags, but it wasn't the snowboard bag, so we are all good. It was dumping all the way on the drive up. Freakin brilliant.

Time to get some sleep - been awake for 22 hours.

More news tomorrow!

Cheers

Al
 Originally Posted By: projectsplat

Woohoo! We arrived about 15 minutes ago. Just settling into the hotel. They managed to lose one of the bags, but it wasn't the snowboard bag, so we are all good. It was dumping all the way on the drive up. Freakin brilliant.

Time to get some sleep - been awake for 22 hours.

More news tomorrow!

Cheers

Al

Hope they find your bag Al,
Have a GREAT time!!

It was awesome this morning!!

Snow was very light from 500 up but still a little sticky below that and from 8.30 to 9.30 there was hardly anyone around so it was really just pick your spot and go for it.

Amazingly, the sun came out for about 5 minute and the mountain looks amazing. It also allowed those lucky enough to be on the lift to scope out lines that otherwise would have been only found through trial and error.

There is still a bit of light snow coming down at the moment so again, once the Sunday crowd head home, it will be fantastic tomorrow.