• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WooHoooo! Mike Pow, I've said it once and I'll say it again..... Your a legend! Hats off to ya for keepin us all in the loop with brilliant pics and info! Hope I get the privelage of seein ya rip when I'm there in January!

yeah but nipple deep is not hip drop deep.

still deep though have to admit that. I wont be on skis for another 8 days or so even if I could ski! I do have a nice line picked off of norikura though for a possible run on the 15th!

Mike , I remember reading a post of yours where you reassured someone who was concerned about snow depth and a December 15 arrival in Niseko.

You said "gut deep" no problem in early December.

Looks like that was a pretty safe prediction!

Rarely see shots that deep.

(what camera/lens setup are you using? Are the last couple of shots video captures?)

Originally Posted By: Probe
Mike , I remember reading a post of yours where you reassured someone who was concerned about snow depth and a December 15 arrival in Niseko.

You said "gut deep" no problem in early December.

Looks like that was a pretty safe prediction!

yeah, that was me getting nervous that we had booked too early. I am a lot less concerned now after watching the web cams for the last month, although I am still trying to make head or tail of the snow depth reporting as being discussed in the other thread.

in terms of snow depth reporting, I must admit I do identify with the MikePow's (and others) scale of knee deep, balls deep, gut deep, nip deep etc. i guess it just works on a level that people just understand.

for those not familiar with the scale, I have prepared a small image explaining the terminology....... \:D

snow-depth.jpg

note: yes, balls deep is a little up from where most people would expect, but I reckon that would be anatomically correct given the temperature.... \:D

THURSDAY 06 DECEMBER 2007

More snow but accompanied by a pretty strong wind event. 10-15cm layer on top of goodness.

Couple of pics from 'training' yesterday.

Sean. Same 'shit', different day

MikePow_15.jpg

Tim belly button deep

MikePow_16.jpg

Originally Posted By: MikePow
Classic projectsplat. You just forgot to show whether you're 4 foot and a fart or being drafted by the NBA next season \:\)

Good point. For some reason I look short in that shot, but I swear I am 5'11"....

Honest... \:\)

Al
 Quote:
note: yes, balls deep is a little up from where most people would expect, but I reckon that would be anatomically correct given the temperature....

LAUGH!
So ... as a woman is it politically correct to describe snow as "ballz deep" when I am out there ....?

stop milking the hip check! I use that for cover shots. trick to hide it . Dont let you ski tips come out in the shot. Dont do anything in that first pic cause that is a bloody give away!

the snow doesnt look as good as the day before at all. Keep an eye on that layer if for the next week. That could form a bit of weakness if cold and light fall onto it and firm it up.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
stop milking the hip check! I use that for cover shots. trick to hide it . Dont let you ski tips come out in the shot. Dont do anything in that first pic cause that is a bloody give away!

the snow doesnt look as good as the day before at all. Keep an eye on that layer if for the next week. That could form a bit of weakness if cold and light fall onto it and firm it up.

I realise now that you are in fact Clark Kent Fattwins, what with your ability to see ski tips in any of those pics. ;\)

The snow wasn't as good as the previous day. But that's relative.

In conversation with a couple of my 'trainees' who had wintered in Whistler last Northern winter the snow was stil powderiffic, just not powtastic ;\)

The layer won't be significant in-bounds. It's been tracked to death.

But above the 3rd level of lifts and the peak runs could be dodgy until they get tracked.

The mountain really has no clue when it comes to managing the early season snowpack.

Absolutely staged.

Working on form in the pow and how to demonstrate relaxation in conditions that most of our guests won't have experienced.

While we were at it I took a couple of pics.

Tim does a better job of pulling it off in this instance.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
I can see tips.

Yep, in the second shot, but not in the first!

Still awesome snow ... and I cannot wait! 37 sleeps 'til on snow. 33 'til we fly out.