Originally Posted By: Mantas
Sneeked 4 days in August,( yes August) already. At a secret little place called Blue cow. ;\)

Not so secret if you use Google mate =)

Looks lovely. Think I will move over from perth.

You know you are all making me really consider a life change. Have been considering Canada, or My Missus says maybe Japan.
Prices acn't be any worse than Perth =)

I can't tell you how much I want to live in a place that has snow each year....
 Originally Posted By: Domokun_72dpi

Looks lovely. Think I will move over from perth.

You know you are all making me really consider a life change. Have been considering Canada, or My Missus says maybe Japan.
Prices acn't be any worse than Perth =)

I can't tell you how much I want to live in a place that has snow each year....

Japan isn't an expensive country. It's nice to able to look out of the window of a morning and say yea or nay.

Check this article out.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2007/10/03/noindex/pjapan129.xml

"Already have it planned or is it a case of "depends on when the snow falls"."

Usually do a couple of trips to the mountains in Autumn for hiking but obviously no point making firm plans until we know where will have proper skiiable snow.

This is the start of my favourite seasons - the cooling weather, the appetite coming back, the dusting off and airing all the gear, tuning the skis and afternoons in Jimbocho looking for stuff I need and stuff that I don't. Only a month to go and we can seriously start looking at the forecasts.

To answer your question - aiming for the first week of December somewhere high, if conditions allow...

Since I wont be in Japan till Feb, my first snow days will have me up at Whistler Blackcomb the first week of December and maybed some overnighters to West Virgina before I fly out. Ive got a month backpacking in Europe before the Japan thing...so Ill lose that time for boarding..

Originally Posted By: JamesOhJames
Since I wont be in Japan till Feb, my first snow days will have me up at Whistler Blackcomb the first week of December and maybed some overnighters to West Virgina before I fly out. Ive got a month backpacking in Europe before the Japan thing...so Ill lose that time for boarding..

Unless u board in the Alps

i'l go whenever Hakuba opens. Karuizawa opens on Nov 4th, but is a 500 meter long, 5-meter wide stip of white slushie mix filled with wanna-be snowboard thugs trying to do ground tricks the whole way.

not my idea of snowboarding.

milton keynes snow dome 2pints?

Actually have you ever been to the dry slope place across in Calais? Apparently the biggest artificial snow run in the world. Its better than nothing I guess