I am looking for a hotel suggestion in Hakuba City! Means in an area with some shops and maybe an other restaurant option then just the hotel.

Last time I was in Hotel Luna Pienna, which is quite good, it's also very close to the Happo One Sakka lifts (5 Minutes walking in ski boots).

Any suggestion are welcome. Price is not that important.

Kraut, first of all, Hakuba is not a city. (I have to say that to prove I am still the same ole smart-ass as before). I have stayed at Tokyu which is also very close to Happo and it is very nice, especially the ski-locker rooms and the onsens. I hear that La Neige is supposed to be the best hotel there but haven't tried that. I tried the Mominoki which is just opposite to the Tokyu and found that the Tokyu was just a bit more pricey but much better in quality than them so I prefer the Tokyu much more than the Mominoki. If you want to mix more and be with the night-crowd for after-ski activities, I recommend the White-Horse which is a very nice boutique hotel right inside Echoland which is where the night action is. Then there is the Hakuba Powder Lodge which is Fattwin's place. That is excellent value for money but as it is a lodge (shared-rooms) it is really good for meeting and hanging out with a lot of cool people but not so good if you are a couple or a family wanting more privacy.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I remember Ocean 11 or someone telling me that there has to be a Cathedral in order to qualify as a city!...according to the English. Anyway, TJ OZ's place (White Horse) is nicely located in Echoland and Fattwin's place is just on the edge of that.

Thats true Markie.....well it used to be how they decided what was a city and what wasn't. Now they just hand out "city status", I still think it has to be "given" by the Queen though for it to be official, thats UK wide.

Thats why lowly, heap of shit, Scottish 2nd division team Brechin City is so called. The town itself is tiny and does not have city status, but it does have a cathedral, so in days of yore it had city status

Being formerly British and all, that fully qualifies Hong Kong as a city since not only do we have our fair share of heaps of shite but we also have a fully fledged Anglican Cathedral in our CBD.

Hurray, hurray...now I can sleep well at night....Why?....because there is another big thing to yawn about!