Echoland is the most central area. It is 4 minutes to Happo One and 6 minutes to Goryu/Hakuba 47. 12 minutes to Iwatake. About twenty minutes to Tsugaike and 25 to Cortina and Norikura. 15 minutes to Sun Alpina/Aoki/Kashimieri.

Originally Posted By: lazza
Thanks for all the feedback, is there anywhere you can stay where you can walk to the main lifts of hakuba 47 & Hakuba goryu? I take it, this area is the pick of the mountains for freeriding?

Not correct as the patrol there don't like you going off piste and will pull your pass. Great groomed runs though and excellent access to backcountry for the experienced.

There are 10 resorts in the valley. My picks are Happo, Tsugaike and Cortina (can be also be fussy with off piste). It is a huge valley with plenty of options. Stay central and you can't go wrong. I pick where I go depending on the days conditions.

Central is near Echoland, near to the lifts is Wadno. If you stay central youll shuttle to the resort everyday yet have lots of options at night. If you stay near the lifts not many options at night but you have a 5 to 10 minute walk to the lifts.

What is your budget etc that would help you narrow down your options.

Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Thanks for all the feedback, is there anywhere you can stay where you can walk to the main lifts of hakuba 47 & Hakuba goryu? I take it, this area is the pick of the mountains for freeriding?

Not correct as the patrol there don't like you going off piste and will pull your pass. Great groomed runs though and excellent access to backcountry for the experienced.

They also love screaming at the top of their lungs, banging their fists on tables, and using rude language towards customers, and abusing the powers :fackingwankers: Dont ride inbound trees at either place, not worth it.
Hi! Mantas, where would you suggest to stay for someone who has not been to Hakuba?

Hi Lazza. i have only been there once so certainly no expert. Like Fattwins says.

Stay in Echoland = Close to bars, restaurants, and 47......shuttle to the lifts

Stay in Wadaano = Walk to lifts (easy walk), not too many restaurants and bars around. At night it can be a hassle as you have to rely on the Go Genki shuttle bus with limited operation.

I liked the Wadano area, very pretty set in amongst the tall trees.