Most Australians would be familiar with the old Magpie.

Normally a placid little bird that goes about it's busniness like any other in the Australian environment. That is until spring, when it turns into a raging little bundle of feathered agro.

It's the funniest thing ever to witness someone being attacked by a Magpie. Not so funny when you are under attack.

I have few regrets in life so far, but one of them would have to be not witnessing my mother in law being attacked by a Magpie. lol.gif

I was wondering. Do any other countries have birds that attack them from the sky?

Magpie_Australian_20060313_002.jpg

What do you do if a bird shits on your windscreen?

Don't ask her out on another date.

Mantas it is funny, BUT not when they take chunks of hair out (unless it is your mother in law!) or even blind people by pecking out eyes - as they have been known to do.

lol Spook.

I live in the Hills, and the magpies (birds) eat out of your hands.

So do the cookaburras...

Used to haet maggies as a child, walking to school. U had to swing a branch above ur head to stop them swooping.

I hear terradactyls arent too pleasant....

Originally Posted By: Bushpig

Mantas it is funny, BUT not when they take chunks of hair out (unless it is your mother in law!) or even blind people by pecking out eyes - as they have been known to do.

When I used to cycle a lot. (magpies love cyclists) one used to nip me right on the earlobe.
F@&k it hurt.