• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Quote:
Eighties television icon MacGyver has beaten Indiana Jones, James Bond and Jack Bauer as the fictional hero most Americans would want by their side in the event of a disaster.

In the survey, commissioned by the McCormick Tribune Foundation, participants were given a choice among seven fictional heroes for help in an emergency.

Twenty seven per cent of respondents said they would want MacGyver to help them out should disaster strike.

The ingenious secret agent, played by Richard Dean Anderson, became a household name in the 1980s with his ability to get out of life-or-death situations using everyday items. Among his many exploits he plugged an acid leak with chocolate, blew open doors with bombs made of chewing gum and patched a hot-air balloon using duct tape and a map.

MacGyver was followed by Indiana Jones played by Harrison Ford (16 per cent); John McClane, played by Bruce Willis in the Die Hard films (14 per cent); James Bond (played by various actors) and Jason Bourne, played by Matt Damon, (8 per cent each); and Lara Croft played by Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider and Jack Bauer of 24, played by Kiefer Sutherland (7 per cent each).

what do you reckon, is MacGyver your go to guy? who is the guy you want by your side? there are some pretty useful dudes in that last. Jason Bourne would be pretty darn useful too.

True story.

Doing a field trip in NZ, the van towing the trailer got dropped. 1 1/2 hours later we got back to it. The trailer had a puncture, but they couldn't find the key to unlock the spare wheel. There were 12 PhD's mooching around, but they failed to analyse the problem. It wasn't finding the key, but getting the spare off. It took me 30 seconds to fix.

Afterwards, a really tasty Kiwi chick told me I was a really usefull bloke. It's the second best compliment that's ever been paid to me.

I'll pick big brother Pat as the most usefull bloke on Earth, and propose myself a second ;\)

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
True story.

Doing a field trip in NZ, the van towing the trailer got dropped. 1 1/2 hours later we got back to it. The trailer had a puncture, but they couldn't find the key to unlock the spare wheel. There were 12 PhD's mooching around, but they failed to analyse the problem. It wasn't finding the key, but getting the spare off. It took me 30 seconds to fix.

Afterwards, a really tasty Kiwi chick told me I was a really usefull bloke. It's the second best compliment that's ever been paid to me.

I'll pick big brother Pat as the most usefull bloke on Earth, and propose myself a second ;\)

so whats the number one compliment soubs?

bond would be a terrible sidekick - he's get all the totty while you stood there like a social leper