Quote:
Rock group Led Zeppelin are expected to announce a one-off reunion concert at a press conference on Wednesday.

Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones, split after drummer John Bonham died in 1980.

The trio, who have not performed live for 19 years, are expected to be joined by Bonham's son Jason for the reunion.

Led Zeppelin's pioneering heavy rock made them one of the most popular bands of all time. The show is due to take place at London's O2 arena.

I wonder if it was stay as "just the one". Demand is bound to be mad. While I'd like to have seen The Zep back when, curious as to how it will be now.

So not that many left now.

The Smiths?
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

over rated?? heathens! Led Zep stuff is timeless, after listening to the homogenous crappola that 98% of modern bands churn out its comforting to know you can pull out the Zep and enjoy listening to great music.

Quote:
Over 25 years after disbanding following Bonham's 1980 death, Led Zeppelin continue to be held in high regard for their artistic achievements, commercial success, and broad influence. The band have sold more than 300 million albums worldwide,[9] including 109.5 million sales in the United States,[10] and they are the only band to have had all their albums reach the U.S. Billboard Top 10.[11] Led Zeppelin are ranked No. 1 on VH1's list of the 100 greatest artists of hard rock

you cant argue with that.

John Bonham, shame he went so early, he was an amazing drummer, if any one is in doubt just watch and listen to his phenomenal solo on Moby Dick on the Led Zeppelin DVD

516PG9FBGML._AA240_.jpg

Still 3/4 of a Led Zeppelin reunion is better than none.

Led Zeppelin, Floyd, CCR are amongst 3 non-existant bands I would instantly buy tickets to see should they ever come to my town.

saw Floyd on their Division Bell tour in '94. At the time, it was their last tour. I think they did some other promotional shows though.

I would seriously hop at the chance to catch Zeppelin. Over-rated not.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
.... grossly overrated.

That's like saying "Heli skiing the Kamchatka Peninsula? No thanks... --Overrated!"
Greatest rock band of all time. Jimmy's been looking awfully shakey for the last few years though. Even on some of his best work recently --like his gigs with the Black Crows doing Zep covers -- he's looked mediocre at best. --like he's too busy just trying to hit the right frets to put in any inflection or feeling. Actually, they interviewed him on "Eigo de shaberanai to" a year or two ago. Unbelievable. He seemed like a really regular old bloke.

I was there when they were contemporary. Zeppelin never gripped me in the way other bands did at the time. The Yardbirds were great, but Zeppelin just seemed bloated excess. That's why I put them alongside The Who, and the Moody Blues. All front and no substance. IMHO ;\)

Not a huge zep fan either but love the who. Sure they're all front and no substance but you don't always need substance in your music (well I don't) Isn't it enough to just ROCK? Anyway I like seeing these old time rockers giving it thier best shot (except Mcartney... he should just give up) Saw Iggy & the stooges this summer and they put on a good show! He even invited the crowd up on stage with him and got swamped by about 150 crazed japanese fans \:D

Like you wouldn't drive a roller into a pool if you could afford to \:D

Having more money than you know what to do with must make alot of people do things that they probably regret when they are sober (not because you'd miss the rolls but you think of the good uses you could put that money to). Would be nice to know how that feels though eh!

Originally Posted By: Crudzilla
Not a huge zep fan either but love the who. Sure they're all front and no substance but you don't always need substance in your music (well I don't) Isn't it enough to just ROCK? Anyway I like seeing these old time rockers giving it thier best shot (except Mcartney... he should just give up) Saw Iggy & the stooges this summer and they put on a good show! He even invited the crowd up on stage with him and got swamped by about 150 crazed japanese fans :D

and my 2 english mates! \:D

Sweet, they got up there! that must have been cool \:D

Was watching from the back for Iggy but managed to spot myself on WOWOW the other week in the crowd for Muse, and Kings of Leon (if you could call the CoL ppl a crowd) they don't seem too popular here.

For muse all the Japanese fans were singing along in perfect English, I was shocked!