Originally Posted By: Bushpig
Mantas the rest of that story had a little more to it. I was just trying to point out to SG that NZ has this image of all Aus sportsmen being somehow arrogant and/or cheats (underarm incident), but that they are not the saints they like to see themselves as.

As for the kicking game that England is employing. I think the best thing would be for them to beat the Boks, just so that the points system comes under more intense scrutiny. It's ridiculous that a team can win the world cup without scoring many tries at all, and just kicking. What boring bollocks!

Hey we can't win - lets change the rules.... shifty.gif
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Bushpig

As for the kicking game that England is employing. I think the best thing would be for them to beat the Boks, just so that the points system comes under more intense scrutiny. It's ridiculous that a team can win the world cup without scoring many tries at all, and just kicking. What boring bollocks!

Change the rules of Rugger! You cant meddle with that! It's tradition dear boy, tradition!

Stemik- I said the same thing when we DID win. (both times) Give me league any day.

Well there was nothing between the teams. It came down to a few stupid mistakes by england giving away penalties, and the ref stealing that try from us.

But thats all its and buts, congrats to the south africans, I dont think anyone can really begrudge them coming away winners.

• 4 weeks later...

Experimental Law Variations

Poposed changes to the game:

From the Telegraph:

"The process has been on-going for over a year, beginning in Stellenbosch in South Africa and including trial games in Australia, New Zealand, France, Ireland and England during the county championship. There is a proposal to adopt them for a more rigorous, extended examination in next year's Super 14. A decision on that is pending."

The principal ELVs are:

- to allow hands in a ruck,

- to allow a maul to be pulled down,

- to have an offside law five metres back from a scrum,

- to outlaw passing back into the 22 for a clearance kick,

- to allow passing backwards at a quick lineout

- to have no prescribed limit on the number of players in a lineout.

- Getting rid of the corner flag to let a player dive for the tryline without fear of being deemed in touch on contact

directive to downgrade many infringements from a penalty to a free-kick. Put simply, only foul play and persistent infringement would result in a penalty.

Full article