Snow Travel & Trip Reports - New Forums section

I have sent you an example of what I mean. I have copy pasted the Ogasawara TR in the submit journal window. If we can do it that easy, I wouldn’t mind posting it as a journal and then see it appear on the Trip Reports section of the forums too.

After being posted as a thread, let it evolve as usual with post and comments, but any review of the original journal/TR will have to be trough the edit journal function.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, in that way you will not need to individually review and approve every journal. Since once it’s posted it will go straight up in the forums, if someone puts up crap, it will be treated as a malicious post. The journal immediately goes down and the offender gets banned.

tsondaboy has brought up a good point - I had completely forgotten that there is a review section for resorts in SJ. It never occurred to me that I could/should do reviews of the various fields I visited. Maybe SJ*'s could suggest/remind peeps of the SJ sections occasionally.

If tsondaboy's recommendation gets taken up does that mean that someone (SJ*) will add TR's from this forum to the SJ review section after a suitable settling period? In that case how will the other sections such as Snow Condition, Pro's, Con's, etc section be filled out?

If the other fields were to be enforced in this new thread then it would break TR's such as the Japan one I did. I could put N/A I suppose - but that's a bit messy. I suppose you could put Japan up as a resort! Actually that could work. To foreigners who have never visited Japan is one big unknown.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks.

Not sure how it would work in practice Journey Man as the 2 formats are not "compatible", so to speak. The easiest way actually be to Trip Reports be posted here, and then we (SJ) manually create journals for the relevant member in the Journals section. Or something like that. Got to think this all through.

Quote:
Maybe SJ*'s could suggest/remind peeps of the SJ sections occasionally.

One of the things that we will be doing when we update the site is do this! \:\)

I think this is a very good idea.

Easier to have them all under one section than do a search through old posts. Still not sure how you plan to implement it though.

Maybe Snow TRs & Non-Snow TRs.

Then Japan & others.

Something like that...

Good luck SJs.

After procrastinating for over a year I have re-arranged my galleries and put my o/seas snow pics where they belong while deleting the old ones. That was hard work, can't remember who was telling it should take only 10 mins.... Anyway, I have taken this opportunity to increase the pic quality on some of them as well.

I must admit I could have done with a "mutiple upload" button followed by the ability to amend the comments for each pics. ;-) or the ability to transfer pics between galleries. I know, sore topic, and would most likely be the only one using the feature...

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi SerreChe

Just noticed your new pics, thanks!

Multiple (5 at a time) photo upload is coming,along with some other photo section updates & changes, when we give the site it's major update for the season (sometime in October).

\:\)

Originally Posted By: SerreChe
AI must admit I could have done with a "mutiple upload" button followed by the ability to amend the comments for each pics. ;-)

I found a dirty way of doing this that works with Firefox (and probably IE7) - you press and hold the <Ctrl> key then click on the Upload button five times. This opens five tabs to the upload screen. You go along each tab and set them off. Once they are done you go back and add the comments, closing them when you're done! Easy(ish) \:\)
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thanks.

Actually the updates that we will be making for the photo section have already been completed (not to be meddled with any more before putting online!). At the moment we are working on various other things and we will be putting all the updates online together. Hoping that people will like them all.

Journey Man, I like the thinking outside of the box approach.

Thanks SJ, I actually missed that I could transfer to another gallery in the edit capability. Will check it out again.

Muika, sounds like you have been enrolled as a guinea pig, which means you may have been the originator of the idea ;-). Good stuff !

Just thinking, once SJ becomes a perfect flawless site, what are all the SJs gonna be doing with their time?

• SnowJapan Admin

Now that sounds like a very good idea! \:\)

muikabochi lives really close by and we quite often see each other in town. He has been kind enough to help out checking some things and giving feedback on lots of the changes coming (as have a few other kind & trusted folk - thanks!)

I have just been giving some feedback on what I have seen (I'm hardly the originator of the ideas) which all seems pretty good to me.

Looks like there will be even more updates this time than there were last year, a lot to look forward to I think.

\:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

Good, and thanks.

Some more (bigger) changes coming to the Forums probably next week - or the week after.

Then the big big updates will be later on. So much to do before that though, a bit daunting!

• SnowJapan Admin

Anyway thanks for all the comments on here and those who sent us emails in response to this thread. Further comments most welcome if you have them! Thank you.