Last Tuesday after practice I was itching to get out. The weather was so beautiful that even contemplated the long pilgramage to Suma (Kansai's nastiest beach...) but decided to head out for a skate instead (2nd skate of the year).

All over Japan there are bike paths along rivers, some are really smooth while others are just dirt roads. Im kinda lucky with a decent path and lots of people using it. Saw loads of bikers, runners, and kids returing home from bukatsu not sure what to make of an inline skating gaijin going double their speed without any effort. Actually got in the slipstream of some bikers which made it really easy to skate. Even had grabbed the saddle of one bloke and told him he wasnt working hard enough and he laughed. Lots of waves and smiles which reminded me of running trails back in GA.

Worked my way around to the river and came upon a creek. Pretty dangerous traverse but managed a pic:

1035492688_6f714a1f98_o.jpg

Narrowly avoiding falling in, for the 3rd time, I reached the chute I had been eying the other day:

1035492098_89a7cbfee1_o.jpg

Its probably about 300 meters long, straightline with it fading off to the right at the end. Kinda nasty after it turns right. Lots of rocks and debris everywhere. In honor of Toque, before dropping in:

1035492412_448d23b624_o.jpg

2 planks are better than 1. New wheels and bearings ready to tear it up too...

after escaping falling in the no-fall zone I came out and found this scenery. Lots of traversing over to the goods but still nice area.

1035492664_6e2f0cafc4_o.jpg

and finally, going for the goods, straightlining it for Arashiyama...weather conditions werent quite optimal so had to pull back. Hopefully next time...all the way there...

1034784229_0bd77ac320_o.jpg

till next time,

Lets skating!!

• 2 weeks later...