today is one of the few times I have seen yellow on the snow data map forecast for the next 3 days. Not sure if the yellow covers the yuzawa area - dont think so. It looks more like hakuba and a little south.

I live by these maps, usually reasonably accurate I found as well.

Siren:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/snowmap.html

click on "reports" in the main page vertical menu bar on the left and it is in there.

There once was a handy link to the mao page at the top of the forum (at least I think there was). It appears to have been crowded out by other good stuff.

• SnowJapan Admin

We hope the forecast is right as well, Gorkhali Bhai.

It's coming down nicely at the moment and has started to stick so hopefully it will continue as the forecast is saying.

Hope you can have a good day up there.

• SnowJapan Admin
 Quote:
There once was a handy link to the mao page at the top of the forum (at least I think there was). It appears to have been crowded out by other good stuff.
We've just put that link to the snow maps page up there at the top of the pages for you.... (don't think it was up there before - but it is now!)

cool.gif

Just got back from Kagura....boy what a day!!! I had prayed to the snow gods for good snow this weekend but I guess I prayed too hard? It was snowing the entire day and it was windy and had blizzard like conditions. They had to close the upper gondola around 2 pm because it was so windy. Anyway, the snow was good but it was too cold and too windy to enjoy it. If it is sunny tomorrow or on Wednesday the snow conditions should be fantastic.

went to kagura yesterday...it was blizard like conditions out there...im not complaining though...top of kagura was really cold...they got enough snow for everything now...i didnt know if they had a freestyle park though...anyway ill be going back this weekend or maybe somewhere else.

Went to Kagura today. Lots of snow, lots of wind and.....lots of people. Top lift was on and off because of the wind. That created a bottleneck at the bottom of the lift. Some people actually started hiking back up the hill instead of queuing to make it to the other side. For a first trip of the season I enjoyed the lower slopes the most: less windy and less people. There always some powder to be found on the fringes. All in all good day but be warned of the crowds for the holiday season. Onsen + power nap on tatami at the end of the day was pure bliss...