• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh, you guys are bad. I work in WA for the Dept of Environment and Conservation, so I am gonna pretend i didn't read the last 4 msg's about eating wombats. (oh, and it's chicken, they taste like chicken =)

Anyhow, I thought it was the Hopping Drop Bear?

Some great pics of over east. I have never skii'd in Australia before, but would love to head over east one year, or maybe to New Zealand.

have Ski'd in Italy once & France 2 times, but this upcoming trip to Japan will be my first.

hey TJ_OZ, I am probably heading to Hakuba, so any info or hints mate will be really appreciated.

keep the pics comin, they look great!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
never eatn wallaby, but Kangaroo is delicious!!! Ate that many times while backpacking round Oz

Yes..... bush tucker is the best. You cant beat Wallaby Mc nuggets.

Quote:
never eatn wallaby, but Kangaroo is delicious!!! Ate that many times while backpacking round Oz

backpackers will eat anything to save a few pennies...

even though i started this talk of eating iconic australian animals, i've actually only easten roo. have people seriously eaten wombats?

someone in the aussie mountains send us an update and get this thread back on track!

Originally Posted By: spook
 Quote:

backpackers will eat anything to save a few pennies...
even though i started this talk of eating iconic australian animals, i've actually only easten roo. have people seriously eaten wombats?

someone in the aussie mountains send us an update and get this thread back on track!

when I was backpacking I ate better than I do now!! I've never eaten so much steak in my life when I was in Aus. Beef is so cheap, that it doesn't cost that much more to buy that instead of the usual backpacker shite. Most backpackers are just ignorant about cooking though, thats why they'll eat pasta with peas instead of getting some meat and sauce to go with it!

My backpacking experience was hiking and sleeping rough on rocks on Sca Fell in March. Rain, sleet, snow, name it. It was a D of E Silver expedition. I hated it and have hated anything to do with a backpack and sleeping rough ever since.

Anywhere I go must be as comfortable as poss. Wouldn't mind some roasted roo though.

Originally Posted By: halfmachine
I once heard an interview of a guy on TripleJ that got his meat exclusively from roadkill!

I reckon he woulda downed a wombat or two.

He sure would have . Especially if he lived down south.

You see more dead ones than alive ones down there.
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
Do you think i would admit that here if I had?

maybe you went to cuddle a cutie koala, but as you were cuddling you couldn't resist the urge to have a taste and bit into it a little too hard on the neck. Then hell, a dead koala, why waste the meat.

lol.gif

I actually tried to 'rescue' one on the side of the road one night. The farkin thing near scratched me to death. A cop was driving by and spotted me wrestling with this koala down in a gully and stopped to ask me what I was doing.

At that point I though it was a fair question.

aren't koalas wasted all day - i heard that the eucalyptus leaves gets them whacked.

it must be true. the things are soooo mellow (other than the one that had a crack at mantas, that is)