• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

A little confused with a comment above - are photos going to be taken down from SJ for some reason once the photo contest results are announced? (And what might that reason be?)

The results will most likely be in September.

Sj kuma thought maybe if this pic looked good he would have a good chance of winning maybe it might still count... I said, SJ said, the pics that count have already been put on a cd and sent so the contest in a sense is over

Nowhere near as good as some of the pics that everyone else has been posting, but I like this one:

ezorisu_13.jpg

Sapporo Kokusai at opening time - Whiteout broke just long enough for me to snap this (actually taken on the fly, too). I was too busy riding in the waist-deep fluff until closing time, so I neglected to take more pictures that day!

Originally Posted By: SJForums
A little confused with a comment above - are photos going to be taken down from SJ for some reason once the photo contest results are announced? (And what might that reason be?)

The results will most likely be in September.

The only reason I would take a photo down after the contest would be if it didn't win and I wanted to submit it to a magazine

but the contest is the priority
  • SnowJapan Admin

So it's not a case of you not winning and so deciding to take down all your photos from SJ then? Would you have to take a photo down even if you did submit it somewhere else?

I'm just a little confused perhaps I just read the thread wrong I think just thought it rather curious that photos would be taken down from SJ if they didn't win a competition.....

;\)

About the competition. We will not be making the final decision - the people donating the prizes will. Also there will be no names, no usernames, no comments, no hints whatsoever with the photos when they are looked at - so there can be absolutely no question that it was in any way "fixed" or whatever. (Though no doubt we will get accused of something like that anyway!)

Kuma is thinking about starting to sell his photos SJ. Thats what we are talking about. Kuma basically has to decide if he is going to be a semi pro cameraman. If he becomes one then maybe he will have to stop popping up all of his best photos onto the web not just SJ

SJ, it's all about exclusivity. Mags don't want to buy shots that are on the net that people can see for free. but anyways, this discussion is a little of 'putting the cart before the horse' since I have not submitted anything and I'm not even sure my shots are good enough