• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't miss much.... but actually.....

microbrew beer and/or a good selection of draft beer, dry reisling (as in -not from Germany), grass, cheese and good curry. Maybe I'll check out that place in Hiroshima.

yeah, walking barefoot to the park, or on your own front lawn (although I think those should be becoming a thing of the past in places like OZ) is really nice. Also, playing sport and diving around on grass is awesome. Can't really do that here without getting a severe case of gaijin-knee \:\(

I know a farmer with a log cabin up in the mountains. His stereo is built around a couple of woofers the size of wardrobes. He has a zillion cds, with lots of Bob Marley. I've had some very mellow evenings up there sharing his local produce.

Sounds like more of you should come and work up here in Niseko as we have pies, sausages that are not weiners, great pizza, a mexican restaurant, and most of our sports fields are grass!! \:D

We don't have a fish and chip shop yet though and that's something I really miss.

really good salads with nuts and seeds and sprouts and cheese and yummy strange dressings...at restaurants, i mean

health food store peanut butter; the kind that you make yourself

+1 for mexican food

soubs - there is an excellent indian restaurant in sendai - Namaskar...you should try it. it's about a five minute walk from the station.

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
real pizza

environmental awareness

mexican food

more vegetarian foodstuffs

snowboarders who actually ride more for fun than fashion

political/ socially-themed music

skateboard parks that are NOT designed by a monkey holding a compass

got that solved mate. There is this guy from New York who has opened a New York Pizza place on Enoshima Island, near to Fujisawa. Its awesome, proper pizza served New York style, i.e HUGE!!!! Right now he's only doing Margheritta's but is branching out soon to toppings. He has Garlic, Chilli peppers and Oregano right now as sprinkle on toppings and its really heaven!!!!
 Originally Posted By: fjef
salty Dutch black licorice

thats nasty stuff!!

each to their own though!!

Warm pints?? I love the frosty bad boys that Japan serves up!!