Redhead revolution (the important topic of the colour of our hair)

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Ginger. Heard that a lot at school. In fact, sometimes I was called Ginger Prince (I look better than Paul Scholes lol.gif so I deserve it more). But when I was a little nipper I got a bit of bullying about being a ginger, before I was able to fight back of course which I learnt quite quickly.

Any other "gingers" here?

Some article in Guardian today about it which I found really interesting. I know how she feels.

"We're all around you. If you look, you'll see us: on buses, in shops, at the office, in pubs; we are more common in Britain than anywhere in the world. Yet you'll rarely see us on beaches, and you'll be lucky to spot us in direct sunlight during the summer months. We are redheads. You might know us as ginger, or strawberry blond if you're being kind; few of us have passed through life untouched by carrot-top jokes or escaped the muffled laughter induced by our milk-white legs in PE lessons. A large number of us have been followed round playgrounds by gangs of mouse-haired children chanting: 'Tut-tut, ginger nut, where d'ya get your hair cut?' All of us have automatic entry into the only minority group for which discrimination based on skin and hair colour is socially acceptable."

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,2116796,00.html

In fact lets have a poll:

Yeah, Gingers get a real hard deal, just because their hair is a different colour. I've never understood that tbh, why don't brunettes get it, or Black haired people?? Its not as if its an uncommon colour, well not for me since I'm from Scotland and there are thousands who are ginger.

I didn't really think it was attractive, but recently I have a thing for Ginger women, dunno why. Strange

i think its weird what people give others stick for. People who wear glasses getting called specky and other stuff, what a weird insult!!

I like redheads. My ex used to be a redhrad and she was a bit like the sterotype in some ways. She found it all quite funny actually - helped that she was really pretty.

i've always had a thing for redheads. my first boyfriend was a redhead and i've dated two others, one of whom i'm still with. he definitely has the fiery temper, but also the passion and room-filling fun presence. let's ginger loving!

Originally Posted By: thursday
Yeah, the Billy Connelly accent is real rough. Can't imagine a lass with that voice though, but I'm sure there are plenty.

nah, his accent isn't rough!! He's changed sooo much. His accent now is the accent that 10 -15 years ago he used to take the piss out of. The Glasgow accent is what most people consider to be the standard scottish accent, how wrong they are! I'm from Dundee and would never want to sound like a person from Glasgow, not that my accent is any better, just I hate the Glasgow accent, its so whiny. Gets right oan ma tits big man!!

The Scottish accent for me is really interesting - sometimes it sounds really cool and quite sexy and then the next minute it is on the other end of the scale... more so than some other accents I know (like a heavy Midlands accent which I am not keen on).

• 3 weeks later...

strawberry blonde, thats what ginger call themselves to pretend that they aren't ginger!!

Just be Ginger and be proud as well!! I'd welcome any hair whatever the colour!!