I thought I would share this article (I don't usually read the womens sections, I don't think) as I found it very interesting.

Quote:
American writer Pamela Druckerman knows all the rules of infidelity. She spent three years studying adulterers, from Paris to Tokyo.

She discovered that the Japanese don't count it as infidelity if they've paid for it, and that the best thing that can happen to them in one of their famous sex clubs is 'oral sex without showering first'. She discovered that 40 per cent of Russians surveyed think affairs are 'not at all wrong' or 'not always wrong', and that upper-class Muscovites think affairs conducted at beach clubs do not compromise wedding vows one iota. She discovered that Indonesian women in extremely traditional Islamic marriages 'have affairs, and the reasons they give for them are exactly the same as the reasons my girlfriends in New York City gave: my husband doesn't listen to me, I need someone who'll make me feel smart and pretty again; my husband doesn't do that, but my boyfriend does ...' She discovered that on average the British cheat more than the Americans - and the French.

Reminded me of a colleague at work who regularly pays for sex (with two different women) and insists it isn't a problem with his marriage vows and he's not being unfaithful.

Interesting how some of the thinking in different countries (and people) varies so much.

Me faithful too.

I don't think it's a question of "anymore" though. There have always been unfaithful partners in relationships. If anything it's less acceptable now than it used to be but I don't know if that would affect the numbers.

Paying for it sounds so seedy in western cultures but kind of neat and tidy in Japan... kind of pragmatic. Anyway, I still think/hope that I'm in the majority as a non-cheater. I wouldn't want a wife who would put up with that kind of behaviour either.

One of my best girlfriends in Japan recently just broke up with her boyfriend who she was living with - he had over 25 sexfriends!! mad.gif mad.gif

I think thats just beyond facked. Seriously. I dont have a problem with people playing around, just be upfront with your partner(s) and give them the choice to decide if theyre up for that or not.

I havent cheated and cant...prolly cuz of my parents divorce mad.gif mad.gif

well if both are fine with it then whatever, none of my business, but I couldn't stand being cheated on, and wouldn't ever dream of doing that to BPG. A selfish momentary satisfaction that can seriously fack someone up emotionally. I wouldn't want to ever betray someones trust like that.

I know what you mean. Im the exact same way BP. Guess seeing what it does to your family and screws up your life will have a slight impact on your perceptions of what is ok or not. I could never cheat on my ex-ex nor my ex. I just hope that my future partner never will either as she’ll be out the door with my shoe stuck in her arse ;\)