The Taebo man is back and he's created quite a boom in Japan for his workout DVD's called Billy's Bootcamp. Has anyone tried this workout routine? Here's a clip from his recent press tour...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found myself a copy on the world wide web for the good lady and mentioned to a friend at work who mentioned it to another friend...I have burned 6 copies already! There is no shortage of demand for peeps after the bootcamp!

Havent tried the routine myself I am on a medicine Ball work out routine at the mo' - made my own with sand and rubber balls.

Its Bloody good exercise!

It's outta control! Pity the company isn't public yet!

All my adults students seem to have or want a copy! How many of them will do it though? It's a great workout, I've done the abs as a break from my usual abs workout and might try some of the others for a bit of variety from my normal stuff.

it's on demonoid Jibz and I also got the version with japanese subtitles from limewire.

Originally Posted By: SG
I found myself a copy on the world wide web for the good lady and mentioned to a friend at work who mentioned it to another friend...I have burned 6 copies already! There is no shortage of demand for peeps after the bootcamp!
Havent tried the routine myself I am on a medicine Ball work out routine at the mo' - made my own with sand and rubber balls.
Its Bloody good exercise!

When I went to Kyushu over GW my friend was doing it too. Was very keen on it and said it was a "kick ass" workout. My mates wife is really into it right now. Said it was hard at first but found she enjoys doing the routine.

If it gets people exercising who usually dont then good for them. We have these kinds of workouts at my gym with much cuter instructors and people in class.
 Originally Posted By: Indo
It's outta control! Pity the company isn't public yet!
All my adults students seem to have or want a copy! How many of them will do it though? It's a great workout, I've done the abs as a break from my usual abs workout and might try some of the others for a bit of variety from my normal stuff.
it's on demonoid Jibz and I also got the version with japanese subtitles from limewire.

I need the one with the japanese subtitles (my wife wants it) - can you hook me up?

Because if I had to pay for it, I wouldn't buy it - so no revenue lost....

If something is worth the money, i'll pay for it. In fact, if I find my self using this for more than 3 times, i'll probably go out and buy to support the dude's IP, but also to get the 'Billy Bands'...

It must be strange when "what you do" can be copied by anyone and distributed like we see now with things like this, music etc.

"No revenue lost" is the thing people say, but I don't think that is the point. You may not buy it if you had to pay, but that doesn't mean it suddenly becomes free because of that. And others would buy it.

That's a whole new thread though I suppose....

Yeah, although I am guilty of downloading a lot of stuff, I don't really buy that justification either. If you could get away with "taking" it from a DVD store without anyone stopping or catching you, does that mean it is not stealing?

I'm pretty bad with downloading. Music is the big problem. It's just too easy. I try and spend money at the 'record store' too though. Sometimes I download a song and if I like it I'll go and buy the album. (But it's probably more often that I just download the whole album, or sometimes the whole catalogue.) All in all though, I probably spend about the same amount of $$$ at the store though, but my music collection expands much more quickly now thanks to the net.

How about videos that you can't find at the video store, or Western TV shows like Lost. We download a lot of that too. I can't feel all that guilty about downloading TV shows.

So that's my confession. Am I a bad person? How many 'Hail Maries' should I say???

Quote:
It's just too easy.

Important part, it is just too easy. Lots of people now just don't think anything of copying, "stealing", and distributing things that they do not own the rights to.
lol.gif I mainly download TV like sopranos, the shield, etc. Because I "Can't get them here". Hehe. Actually many of them you can get on cable or at the video shop. With music I download to have a listen, if I like it then I buy, if not I delete. Movies, I hardly ever download anymore. I like the cinema and don't mind renting dvds every now and then.

TBH I don't see it as stealing. As long as they keep making sites that you can download from for free I'm gonna do it. Why pay for it if you can have it free?

ok, continuing with the thread hijack....

since i worked out how to use torrents, i'm been pretty amazed with the ease at which i can download entire albums. having bought half a dozen albums at the start of this year based on a couple of songs and being really disappointed at dropping $30 each time, i'm all for getting them for free. although it is not, it pretty much seems like a consequence free and victimless crime. i would say that 60% of what i download i delete after a listen because i don't really like it that much.

as for the 40% i keep, well, yep, i do feel a bit guilty. i'm a big music fan and i'd rather support artists if i could. it just so happens that i'd rather not waste my money on stuff i don't like. i always buy cd's from local bands, and the stuff i download pretty much always on a major label anyway (not that that's any real excuse).

if bands had a "if you nicked our album and you liked it, so why not give us some money" section on their webpage, i would happily give em $5-$10 per album i downloaded and kept. i'm not just saying that.

I'm not stealing anything. Someone bought the original and i'm borrowing a copy. No different than if I went to Blockbuster and rented a video - Blockbuster bought it, i'm renting it - blockbuster is making money, the movie studio isn't.

But like I said - I wouldn't pay more than $5 for Billy's DVD so no revenue lost.

oh, and BTW, I tried the workout today and it kicked my ass. It's too difficult to do in my apt so I won't buy it.

No, blockbuster payed quite a bit for the right to rent that video. And you are not just "borrowing" it. You keep a copy which is illegal, just like making tapes of old albums was illegal. It's just that it feels different from walking in and taking a cd from a shop without paying. On the logic that as long as someone bought it, therefore copies are ok, then really only one person need buy an album, and then all the other 200 thousand people who want the album can get a copy no problems. The band then only gets one albums worth of revenue for all their work to produce it. Sounds fair to me...

Difficult one not helped by the fact that it is just so easy to copy things like this. I'm not entirely innocent myself. It seems all of a sudden it is acceptable and normal to copy other peoples work without paying. Suggesting it is bad is just so so bad and uncool.

Anyone on here do something for a living like that which can be copied? Would be good to hear thoughts.

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
With music I download to have a listen, if I like it then I buy, if not I delete.

Oh C'mon... You DL an album, If you like it you go out and buy the same one? lol.gif wave.gif