i'm sick of doctors. they're all just a bunch of quacks in my opinion. everytime i go into see a GP they find a whole bunch random things wrong with me, then they recommend are boxes of antibiotics. sure, when i get properly sick i'll crawl to their door and beg for treatment, but i haven't seen one in 3 years and i feel great.

anyway, my problem is i've got incredibly stiff joints. i can pop all my fingers (and toes), and i do gentle stretches most nights and my the vertebrae in my back go "pop pop pop". whenever i meet a doctor/physio/chiro/vet l i casually ask them about it, and no one seems to have any decent ideas about why my joints might be stiff, whether it is bad, or what i can do about it.

so, any ideas? the biggest problem at the moment is that my wrists get really stiff and feel kind of sore. if i push my hand down towadrs my forearm my wirst will pop and feel free again.

i realise that asking medical questions on the net may seem daft, but i'm over doctors. if you see two doctors they'll disagree wih each other anyway.

yoga. good answer. i've been lazy and in denial, but think i will start. i really have no excuse.

bushy - yeah ,it feels soo good, but anyone around me just looks disgusted...

ok, my stiff joints have been fixed, moving onto the next problem.... it burns when i pee lol.gif

I get my back straightened bi-monthly by the chiropractor, and my head fixed by the SRIs. I was beaten up at school by my teachers when I was 6, for not being able to sit cross-legged on the floor.

They caned me (and my brother) for being left-handed. In league with The Devil they said. And walking on the grass. I'm still left handed and walk on grass. Nuns are such sweet people.

Anyone else here the victim of institutionalised child abuse? I'm also an ex-Catholic. They fixed my belief in God.

Going home from school covered in bruises from being beaten would get me a thrashing at home too. Mother once broke a walking stick over big brother's head. He doesn't remember it, but I do.

There wasn't much love or cherishing in my childhood. Mum is now 90 and totally gaga. I'll turn up for her funeral, but shed no tears.

It was primary school in Perth. Sinistral and dextral are Latin for left and right. We are both sinister, and were beaten for our sins.

The Sisters of Mercy taught me very young and very well, there is no God.

Spook, I'm a quack, no offence taken.

You have some sort of arthritis, Soubs is right, there is no cure. If the pain persists after you've "popped" your wrists, back, etc., take some ibuprofen or similar. See an osteopath, not a chiropractor or physio.

And find a good GP, yours sounds shit. And it's worse than you think. If you ask 10 doctors, you might get ten different opinions.

Is that Perth, Scotland or Perth, Australia, Soubs??

Apparently cod liver oil is good for stiff joints. You can buy capsules so that you don't have to taste that awful liquid.

My knees get so stiff, especially after football. I just know I'm gonna have knee trouble when I'm older, my grandad just had both his knees replaced, also due ( I think anyway) to the playing of lots of football. All that twisting and turning isn't good for them, especially not on the astroturf pitches that they play on here.

hehehe, yeah. My dad's school was run by Marist brothers (kinda like Monks) and he used to say loads of the same stuff went on. My primary school was just transferred over from Nuns when I started school in 1984. But the head teacher and some of the other teachers were still pretty psycho, this was the last year of the belt being used. i remember getting punched in the back from a teacher in the dinner hall because I was talking during lunch!!!! She used to wear these giant rings on her fingers that I'm sure were worn only so she could inflict pain when she punched!! Catholic school really set me against organised religion in all its forms.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
I get my back straightened bi-monthly by the chiropractor

where do you get that done soubs? i went to a chiropractor here in town and he told me they don't do spinal adjustments in japan. so all he did was play with my feet for an hour.

Right here in Oishida. He's the third I've tried and the first to attempt a good approximation of what I would expect in Oz. He didn't use a drop table or a hammer, but he got me wound up tight and gave me the big squeeze. It really worked and I had that delicious mixture of pain and euphoria as all the bits dropped into place. He knew what he was doing and had good hands.

Quote:
i went to a chiropractor here in town and he told me they don't do spinal adjustments in japan. so all he did was play with my feet for an hour.

that's wonderful. a chiro playing with feet?

thanks for the arthritis opinion keba. i will have a look around and get some background info. i'm not really sure why i'd have it, as i'm still quite young (27). and no offence meant by the quack jibe. like i said, i will rant about my mistrust of doctors at every available opportunity, but as soon as something goes seriously wrong with me, i'm be lining up outside their doors to get it fixed.