Diana was very obviously a human being

...according to Tony Blair.

Curious comment, but true I suppose. Can't fault him on that.

Did they have the "Concert for Diana" on in Japan?

We saw the David Brent dance!

We jived to Duran Duran.

We watched Jason Donovan do his Joseph thing.

We were in awe at Take That.

(That's what some friends who went said anyway).

and what was the point of it all exactly?

was any money raised for the charities and causes she trumpted, or did everyone just pat themselves on the back while pretending to do something good?

it's sad that she died, but why is everyone preoccupied with her? the english fascination with diana and the royal family in general is something i've never understood

Strange mix of bands and artists they had on there. I see a fair few of them are getting together to "celebrate global warming" this coming weekend as well.

Originally Posted By: spook
the english fascination with diana and the royal family in general is something i've never understood

Got no stats but I have always been under the impression that the British royal family was more popular in the States than with Brits.

I love Flakes!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
Flakes & Crunchies. \:D
Usually get one or the other at the airport for the coach home \:D

ah yes... another global awareness concert that will achieve nothing. at least some of the bands are aware of how much of a farce this all is

"British rock group Arctic Monkeys have become the latest music industry stars to question whether the performers taking part in Live Earth on Saturday are suitable climate change activists.

"It's a bit patronising for us 21 year olds to try to start to change the world," said Arctic Monkeys drummer Matt Helders, explaining why the group is not on the bill at any of Al Gore’s charity concerts.

"Especially when we're using enough power for 10 houses just for (stage) lighting. I'd be a bit hypocritical," he said in an interview before a concert in Paris.

Bass player Nick O'Malley chimes in: "And we're always jetting off on aeroplanes!"

Large parts of the band's hometown of Sheffield, an industrial city in northern England, were flooded at the end of last month after a deluge of mid-summer rain that some blamed on global warming. Two people were killed.

But the band wonder why anyone would be interested in the opinion of rock stars on a complex scientific issue like climate change.

"Someone asked us to give a quote about what was happening in Sheffield and it's like 'who cares what we think about what's happening'?" added Helders.

"There's more important people who can have an opinion. Why does it make us have an opinion because we're in a band?""

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=25&ContentID=33421