If I was sitting on a beach in Thailand (as Soubs is), I would promptly order a ____________

Soubriquette (who knows about these things) tells me the mangos here are the best she's ever tasted. We have fresh mango for breakfast every day.

It's 25 past beer o'clock and when I've finished business here I'm off for my first Singha of the day.

Then a massage.

soubs, that was one of my favorite things about thailand...all the incredible passion fruits there for pennies. Walking by venders I couldnt help but get some mango,pineapple,etc...would love to be getting some sun right now - look forward to pics when youre back \:\)

I love young coconut milk fresh from the coconut! You can get it in the markets at ueno/okachimachi during summer months.

Maybe not always ice cold, but easy to take home if you want to refridge it. I prefer mine room temp.

Long tall glass filled with ice, half a fresh lime aqueezed in and a light crisp beer topping it up (preferably mexican beer). Called a Char...something something, can'r remember the name!

OR Pimms and lemonade crammed with ice, cucumber, mint and lemon.

OR a well made Mohito!!

Definately my summer drinks of choice.

personally i would rather be drinking whiskey and soda at a plastic table with plastic chairs along some grungy urban side walk than lounging like a lifeless slug at some beach infested with falang. but maybe that's just me. pardon the tenseness, this humidity is grating at my nerves. where is that bottle of saeng som?

i like the plastic tables and chairs! excellent to just kick back and watch the world go by. SE Asia is awesome for people watching.

and i dig the mini tables and stools they have in vietnam

yea, but as the sweat accumulates on your back, you become welded to the plastic by some kind of sweat kinetic suction reaction so that as you stand - the chair remains attached to your backside. I prefer laying under an umbrella in a padded full recline wooden deck chair on a soft egyptian cotton towel. But i'm a spoiled brat....