• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one hell of a climb in winter. It takes around 6 hours on the way up and if you got your board/skis only about 20 mins to come back down.

Looking at korenge Norikura to the right.

BP you have skied here before

n890405050_757414_228.jpg

The X marks the start of the Y coulair,

The O marks one of my favorite runs in Hakuba. Over 1100 meters of 45 to 25 degree goodness. One of the longest sustained runs in the valley. Very bad exit though huge avies roll through.

n890405050_757406_6570.jpg

The other 2 pics by BP are of shakushi left and Shirouma right. have yet to ski off of those. In mid winter very hard exposed access. Many have died just trying to get onto Shiouma mid winter.

in Hakuba you must always be ready for wind.

Yeah well I just about killed myself hiking that bugger without snowshoes (in my snowboard boots!) with every step sinking in at least to my knees mad.gif Thankfully AK was going ahead of me doing the same thing and making it slightly easier. FT, Dizzy, CB, who else was there? Were skinning and snow-shoeing on up ahead...

I love how everyone can ski it, try then please. the line can be accessed via heli and hike in the spring. You pay for the heli and ill guide you to the line. Hike from the Heli about 20minutes to 1 hour.

BP, AK, CB, Rye-dog, dizz, FT, Barok, addict, tele will