• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually one thing you can do if you're really worried is to book the accm with a place that does deals with the tour operators/travel companies that you will use and then later in the year contact the travel company and book a package staying at the same place that you have booked your accm. If the place is booked out, it is fairly easy to have your personal booking for the accm transferred over to the travel agancy booking - I've done this, it is possible. If you're really worried, it might be something to consider.

cheers. I'm not worried about not getting a flight, I know I7ll get one, what I was wondering was, would it be any cheaper to hold off and get a package deal, but of course, if its a busy as everyone says, I run the risk of having no accomodation if I wait until later in the year. I think I'm gonna book anyway, better to be safe than sorry. I've got 6 months to pay it off if it does turn out more expensive!! \:D

Originally Posted By: thursday
Yeah, re: the flights. Tokyo to Sapporo is one the busiest routes in the world.

I heard somewhere that it IS the busiest flight path in the world. The 747 (jumbo, or whatever you call them ) that I took this year was almost empty both ways!

FYO TullyB

I've never been able to book domestic flights before 2 months in advance.

Just chill and get the package deal. All the travel agents HOG the tickest and if you go thru them you will have no worries.

I'm going up in Feb but won't probably book till Xmas or a week b4.

Well with Hokkaidough being up there at the top end, quite a distance from most other parts of Japan and with no high speed shink to service us I suppose it is only natural that there would be lots of flights, nice lovely place it is and all.

there's a lovely slow train to Hokkaido which costs more than flying.

only 16 hours

Time Table:

Ueno 4:50 PM - Sendai 9:14 PM - Hakodate 4:33 AM - Sapporo 9:18 AM

Ueno 7:03 PM - Sendai 11:30 PM - Hakodate 6:34 AM - Sapporo 11:15 AM

Sapporo 5:12 PM - Hakodate 9:48 PM - Sendai 4:54 AM - Ueno 9:41 AM

Sapporo 7:27 PM - Hakodate 11:48 PM - Sendai 6:48 AM - Ueno 11:19 AM

Fare (for one adult):

Royal Room 17,180 yen (berth charge) + 2,890 yen (limited express train charge) + 16,080 yen (basic fare) = 36,150 yen

Twin Deluxe Room 13,350 yen (berth charge) + 2,890 yen (limited express train charge) + 16,080 yen (basic fare) =32,320 yen

Solo Room 6,300 yen (berth charge) + 2,890 yen (limited express train charge) + 16,080 yen (basic fare) =25,270 yen

Duet Room 6,300 yen (berth charge) + 2,890 yen (limited express train charge) + 16,080 yen (basic fare) =25,270 yen

Two-story Bed 6,300 yen (berth charge) + 2,890 yen (limited express train charge) + 16,080 yen (basic fare) =25,270 yen *Schedules and prices are subject to change.

Originally Posted By: Indo
FYO TullyB
I've never been able to book domestic flights before 2 months in advance.
Just chill and get the package deal. All the travel agents HOG the tickest and if you go thru them you will have no worries.
I'm going up in Feb but won't probably book till Xmas or a week b4.

Really\/ In your own country? In the UK I've booked longer than 4 months, but anyway cheers for the advice, although it does seem conflicting, others are saying to book early as new year gets booked up REALLY early, dunno what to do....

I'm talking about in Japan mate,In OZ it's a different story. And that was for a ticket only, not a package tour. I'm sure once the snow tours come out at the end of summer you would probably be able to book em, just be quick.

I went to Tomamu for a day. It was ok, nothing that amazing. There are a few areas to it (3) and it is what you might call medium sized. It's also not that far from Sahoro and so I think quite a few people who go there might take a day trip over to Tomamu.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...