Give your predictions here- more sweeping up of j resorts like Niseko by oversees investors. massive closing of unused resorts? Whole towns dying? 40 ski resorts are on the block- whats gonna happen?

They haven't decided yet. But it seems they are going to make new company and keep some resorts. Of course they don't want to sell "Naeba".

No Kokudo in Hakuba. In Nagano, Shigakogen, Nojiri-ko, Karuizawa.

He has two faces as a loyal successor of Seibu empire that he inherited unlawful stock holding practices from dad and did not alter such wrong doing that he should have done it 20 years ago. But I admire his another face as an entrepreneur for developing ski resorts all over Japan. As a ski lover I wonder how much we benefitted from his facilities:Furano, Niseko-Higashi,Shizukuishi, Manza, Naeba-Tashiro-Kagura, Shiga-Yakebitai, Myoko-Suginohara, Karuizawa,...many of them were once forbidden to the population as the prices' properties. Now that he's down, I hope his successors understand great potentials of winter sports business, reinvigorate the ski resorts and will not close down!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...