The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

When I'm manager of England the strategy will be thus: we put the ball in their net more than they put the ball in ours. The tactics will be a good hoof up the field to someone big and strong. Crouch can't frighten a baby. Bring back Norman Hunter. There's nothing like a kick in the nads to slow the show ponies ;\)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Torygraph:

"Wigan v Fulham

Wigan have once again been the surprise package of the season so far like getting a rabbit wearing a tuxedo in the post. We know the reason why now don't we? It's Emile Heskey of course. Fulham, meanwhile, have had an extraordinary campaign to date with some extraordinary incidents in their matches. So, expect the referee to be transformed into a hat stand in the 18th minute followed by a pitch invasion by elks.

TFF prediction: Heskey to score in a 2-1 win"

Yes and the Liverpool game is even worse - not on until tonight. WTF is that? I hope it is not something that happens often and there is some special reason.

So Chelsea and Liverpool draw, United just about squeeze a win. Things are looking different this year. Surely not Arsenal at the top there?!

1 Arsenal 5 6 13

2 Liverpool 5 9 11

3 Man Utd 6 2 11

4 Chelsea 6 1 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 West Ham 5 5 10

6 Everton 6 2 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Blackburn 5 2 9

8 Man City 5 2 9

9 Newcastle 4 3 8

10 Wigan 6 2 8

11 Aston Villa 4 2 7

12 Birmingham 6 -2 7

13 Middlesbrough 6 -2 7

14 Sunderland 6 -4 7

15 Portsmouth 6 -1 6

16 Fulham 6 -2 5

17 Tottenham 6 -2 4

18 Reading 6 -7 4

19 Bolton 6 -4 3

20 Derby 5 -12 1

It's really annoying. I didn't notice the time until yesterday when I was pretty much preparing to watch it early night. \:\(

Glad to see others losing points, but we are playing really strange this season so far. Boring, hardly any goals,... it's like what happened?

Quote:
So far this season, four United players have registered four goals in the first six league games, a sequence that has yielded only two points fewer than their flying start to the last campaign - a six-game spell when seven different names and 13 goals appeared on their score-sheets.

Hopefully something will "click" soon.

Strange this weekend with the TV. Maybe something to do with the Rugby world cup? Its been great up until now so lets hope this is just a 'glitch' to use the footballing cliche :-)

liverpool champions league game is not on live tonight. im not amused. they are showing only one poxy game, same tommorow too. somehow a repeat of a j-league game is more important.

Quote:
Gabriel Heinze was so confident of his move to Liverpool from Manchester United that he celebrated by buying a brand new £74,000 Porsche. But when the move went pear-shaped, Heinze, who eventually joined Real Madrid, was forced to sell it back for a £7,000 loss. (Daily Mail)

lol.gif
Fool

cant remember but i think surely no worse than now. they are showing just one or two games each night, its very poor indeed. surely if they have the rights to the games they should be showing every single one, even if its taped and shown at 2pm the next that would be fine.

OK the Porto vs Liverpool game IS on.

They are showing many of the games taped on the PPV channels (800-802 on CS110), however they are 'free' (無料). I dont know if they are free to everyone or just to those with the football pack.

So I'll be up at 6.15 tommorow to watch the game before work \:\)

You didnt miss much. we were awful. It was the opposite of the Derby game. We gave the ball away almost every pass.

Babel wasnt in the game, he seems to be a bad signing. Gerrard didnt shine.

Pennant got sent off for making too many pointless lunges, though on another day he could have got away without even a yellow.

We almost nicked the win at the end with a few chances as they tired. Hyppia was everywhere.

Porto have a young guy who was awesome, forget his name but he was everywhere like Billy Whizz, seems like many big clubs are after him.

Thanks bobby12 - and here I was sulking, but I found out in time!

United will show the others how to win. (Hopefully).

(PS bobby your avatar hasn't been showing for a while)