The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Crystal Palace were offered an astonishing 'commission', thought to be around £1 million, to act as a go-between in an elaborately conceived transfer plot to get Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United to Liverpool.

And now United are demanding that the Football Association investigate Liverpool's role in the affair, which is turning out to be a dramatic follow-up of the Argentine's £8m move to Real Madrid last Thursday.

I don't get why Liverpool want the guy so much? He was ok the year before last with United then had an injury and never as good with a number of high profile rubbish mistakes. Surely Rafa could go raiding Spain again & get someone just as good for much less...

I'm glad he's gone, the ungrateful fool.

Quote:
GABRIEL HEINZE has launched a bitter attack on Sir Alex Ferguson, claiming the Old Trafford boss treated him like an outcast.

(If so, er, I wonder why.)

Quote:
Heinze, who joined Real Madrid this week, said: "I deserved better treatment after my efforts for the club.

So him getting the best treatment for a long injury including being let to go home and recouporate is not good treatment?

Quote:
"I had to leave United because I am convinced Ferguson would not give me a minute all season.

Well if you are rubbish, how many minutes do you think you should get?

sjangry.gif

Quote:
"I had to leave United because I am convinced Ferguson would not give me a minute all season.

Well if you are rubbish, how many minutes do you think you should get?

sjangry.gif

How come Wes Brown, Silvestre and John O'Shea keep on getting a game then??

Quote:
How come Wes Brown, Silvestre and John O'Shea keep on getting a game then??

Because even though they may not be "exciting" headline players they are decent, seem to know their place and Sir Fergie seems to think they should be in there. John O'Shea has at times been a brilliant team member - playing in almost every position when called on, even goalie last season and has got some crucial goals over the last few years. All 3 are often not guaranteed starters, I suppose especially Brown as Neville is still out.

Heinze seemed to want to be the highest paid player in the team lol.gif as well as a guaranteed first team place lol.gif which is simply silly and unrealistic.

You can't be on average and/or rubbish form and have all that. Well, not in Manchester United anyway. Perhaps Liverpool or (insert other team name here).

\:D

So now you know!

Well, no, they are not "absolutely shite" as you so eloquently put it. They are also by no means the best players in the team - that is why they are not always in the starting eleven - but have their place. And they don't "lick Ferguson's arse". And even if they did, that would not be a reason for them to be at United. If you seriously think that, it shows how little you know about Ferguson and United.

Heinze had his place in the team, not guaranteed first place last season because Evra was simply better. He didn't seem to want to accept that and then got very silly and his head got too big for his boots. \:\)

That is the reason they are there. Ferguson is from the old school where it's his way or the highway. Thats why there have been a number of high profile departures over the years, players not toeing the Ferguson line. I'm not knocking the style of management, it has brought Man U success but it has also kept a number of players at the club when their abilty level suggests that they should've been moved on.

Heinze lost his place intially due to injury, then couldn't get it back from Evra

Far be it for me to stick up for United, but all teams need a set of players who are adaptable and good team 'utility' players or whatever you want to call them. Ones who are willing to be part of the team, willing to not be paid as much as the Rooneys, willing to fit in and do their best in those circumstances.

That's what those 3 you mentioned are - and all of them play for their countries.

If a team has 22 huge egos, it will implode. The 11 who aren't getting the games will either just start causing trouble, start throwing toys out of their pram or move for a transfer they think they 'deserve'. For example, Heinze.

It has happened many times.

below the belt....

You are taking this the wrong way, I know that successful teams need to have a large squad of players to have a successful season, but those 3 aren't good enough for Man United IMO. I don't know why Silvestre and Brown play for their countries as both England and France have much better options. It happened at man U with P Neville and these 3 should also be moved on

Sorry TB, but your post:

Quote:
Those 3 players are absolute shite. they aren't good enough for Man U, but they lick Ferguson's arse. Thats why they are still there

...seemed quite sure of it's correctness, when in fact it was not.

As old school as Fergusons style of management may be (in itself not giving him credit for such a long period of unequalled success in an ever-changing game and circumstances), no player is in the team due to "arse-licking".

;\)