The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tevez will move to Old Trafford for two seasons on loan, with Media Sports Investments, the company fronted by Joorabchian, and Just Sports Inc, which owns the player's economic rights, receiving £10m."

Well he sure as heck "worked hard" for that 10m. Hard work always pays off, thats what my nan used to say.

That is potentially very distressing news bobby12. I am used to the games every week, having them taken away is unthinkable. Please please get them decided on soon. I will lose sleep until I find out more....

Well, if its not on Sky I guess itll be on wowow, and it seems wowow you can get through Sky this year.

If not on in Japan at all (highly unlikely, some punk will get the rights), then theres always Sopcast (though im used to my footy in high vision these days \:\( )

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st game of the season, Dundee United 1 v 0 Aberdeen!!!

GIRUY Sheep sha###g bastards!!!

hehehe. scored in 90th minute after getting aguy sent off in the first half, quality!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't be too sure about the wowow comment bobby. Though I hope it continies, it will be a bit downer if we have no footie every weekend. They're cutting it close - season starts in a week. Worried smiley....

I'm interested to see what happens with 57 Varieties and his wish to go over to Liverpool. Can't see AF letting him go, but he seems to be determined if the papers are to be believed (ha!). I suppose one of the big attractions of Liverpool is all the Spanish being spoken there.

He'll probably end up in actual Spain or Italy. What happened to him - he seemed decent a few years back then was rubbish last season injury aside. If he is rubbish I suppose he is suited to be at Anfield ;\)

I won't be back in Japan for the start of the season but that is in a few days and Sky still haven't posted about the Premier league on in Japan yet. PLEASE!!!!

It'll be on TVAnts boys and girls.

Bent and Berbatov vs. Sunderland's defence will be first up. Sunderland have just paid a fortune for a Scottish goalkeeper, so I hope he's a Saint & Greavsie vintage. One who drops a bollock every other week. Liverpool have got a tricky first game, but it should be interesting to see what Torres can do.

If Hargreaves is half the player they say he is, it looks like ManYoo all the way. I reckon he's the most important of their signings cos they're only weak at the back. If he can cover them or fill in at fullback, they've got creativity all over the shop. I reckon Van Der Saar could get the boot though sometime this season. He's a bit ropey for a top team.

I don't think the Toon'll win owt, but things are looking up. Allardyce is not known for entertaining footie, but it can't be any worse than last year. It was really dire!