The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

Becks is United at heart:

Beckham adds his two cents

You should stay at Manchester United, Beckham tells Ronaldo

David Beckham has urged Cristiano Ronaldo to snub Real Madrid and stay at Manchester United.

The Spanish champions are desperate to make the winger their big summer signing and Ronaldo has promised: “In two to three days I will announce my decision.”

Real’s bid for Ronaldo mirrors their pursuit of David Beckham in 2003, which culminated in the then United midfielder moving to the Bernabeu for £25million.

Although Beckham spent four years in Spain, winning the league title in his final season, he believes Ronaldo, 23, would be wrong to make the same switch.

The England captain said: “Real are one of the great clubs but he’s at the right club at the moment and should stay there.

"People there will protect him and as a United fan I hope he stays.”

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City swoop for

Quote:
Manchester City will step up their ambitious plan to bring Ronaldinho to England when senior board members fly to his family home in Brazil at the weekend.

Ronaldinho, it is claimed in Spain, wants around £200,000-a-week to leave Barcelona. Such a deal would make him the highest-paid player in England - dwarfing the £135,000-a-week paid by Chelsea to England captain John Terry.

£20,000 of that amount is thought to be his budget for pies, sausages and lard.

I thought he was becoming a bit rubbish now?

I don't think he has had a good season for one reason or another, but rubbish? Not sure about that.

Please don't give him 200,000 though. That is surely just newpaper selling headlines (again).

If only he was as much of a looked as Rooney.

That Ronaldinho thing must be made up.

I can't quite image him at MANCHESTER CITY?! lol

Perhaps one of the decent clubs, but Man City!

rollabout

This Ronaldo thing just keeps going on and on. It seems without him actually saying anything yet. This is one of those cases when Journey Mans reporters law/points needs to be implemented!

Has Marca got an opinion about this "move" from Ronnies dog yet? I'm sure he will have something to say about it.

I can imagine Sir Fergie is getting more annoyed by this lot by the hour!

He's done it again!

Quote:
Sven-Goran Eriksson has been appointed as the new coach of Mexico.

"It's unanimous. Eriksson has been accepted," said Guadalajara president and member of the Mexican federation's executive committee Jorge Vergara.

Sacked as manager of Manchester City on Monday, the 60-year-old former England coach has agreed a two-year deal worth 60 MILLION POUNDS A WEEK PLUS FREE MONTHLY SEXY CHICKS

Meanwhile a funny letter on 365 from Christopher Sorensen in the Glorious Nation of Azerbaijan

Quote:
What A Horror Ronaldo Is

After reading about Ronaldo's acceptance of the Real Madrid poster at his Portugal training camp, I can't help but feel that Ronaldo is proving once again that despite all of his bags of talent, he is an absolutely odious human being.

I'm not a ManU fan, I actually despise them, but I find it disgusting for any player who has been given so much from manager, club, teammates, and supporters to do what he is doing to all of them. Ronaldo's refusal to be a man and to his desire for attention and for both clubs to stroke his ego is winning out over common decency and courtesy, and I hope that karma comes back somehow to punish him for it. It's absolutely unconscionable for a player to betray his club and manager the way Ronaldo has. On a happier note, though, at least I have another reason to hate Ronaldo, and that's always nice.

Christopher Sorensen, Gooner, the Glorious Nation of Azerbaijan

He's right though.

It is It is the sun so keep that in mind, but

ENGLAND’S win in Trinidad could be scrubbed from the record books — because they used seven subs.

The amazing cock-up would leave David Beckham’s shock comeback as captain null and void.

And caps for debut-making Stephen Warnock, Dean Ashton, Joe Hart and Phil Jagielka would be worthless.

FIFA rules state no team can use more than six subs in international friendlies.

doh

veryshocked

Did the press etc not pick up on that either? wakaranai

Ronaldo, Ronaldo, just how big an ego can you get? Lots of fun reading on the footie forums though!

If he waits another 3 days, the Real offer might be up to 400,000 pounds a week. Muwahahahahah.

You know, I wish that when I get a salary increase it is such massive % rather than silly "the real world" single figure ones.

Or is it??

06/06/2008 00:17

Ronaldo Will Stay At United, Says Mother

Cristiano Ronaldo's summer move to Real Madrid is very much in doubt after his mother hinted that he will not leave Old Trafford...

»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom The Portuguese ace has been heavily tipped for a move to the Spanish champions, with Ramón Calderón seeming capable of just everything to lure him into his ranks.

The former Sporting player said today that he would like to play for Real Madrid as long as the Merengues were willing to offer him and Manchester United what has been reported for the past weeks.

However, Ronaldo's mother - who famously backed a move to Madrid in the past - seems to have put an end to this endless saga by affirming that his son will not leave the British outfit.

"He is fine where he is. Only God knows the future, but it's certain that he will continue in Manchester," Dolores Aveiro told TV station TVI.

lol

If we are to believe all this it looks like Mr Ronaldo is pushing for a move. Silly him. I hope we get an absolutely ridiculously unreasonable amount of cash for it.

Would love to know what is actually going on now and Fergies thoughts.

It will be great though to win the Premier League and more again next season without Ronaldo.

No, he can become a Manchester United legend.

If he leaves now, in these circumstances, that won't happen.

wink

Apart from that he can win tons more with a better team than Real Madrid.

Having said that tons of United supporters now seem to want him out with a huge payment. No player bigger than United, etc.

I hope the put him in the stands like they were suggesting before. That would teach him a lesson and a half.

That would be the absolute perfect outcome for me. biggrin