The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

How much of this is true I don't know, but oops

Quote:
Chelsea's Ashley Cole is a major doubt for tonight's Champions League Final with Manchester United after he was injured by an horrific double-footed challenge from team-mate Claude Makelele in training last night.

With United preparing to throw Carlos Tevez into a three-man strikeforce with Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, Chelsea left-back Cole was scythed down by Makelele 10 minutes into a practice match at the Luzhniki Stadium, the venue for tonight's final.

The challenge would have earned a red card in a proper match.

lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change of plan.

Going out at 10pm tonight, getting back before the game and watching it - so no sleep tonight. Sleep is for tomorrow, which I've got off as a holiday hangover.

biggrin

Come on United!!

Predictions and Hopes

Prediction:

Man Utd 0 - 0 Chelsea

(man utd win 4-2 on pens)

Hope:

Man Utd 4 - 5 Chelsea

I actually cant work out who I hate least. My feeling is Chelsea will come and go, so I guess I prefer them to win it. Man Utd are Liverpools main rival for best team in the UK (historically).

How can you choose?

Most scousers will be 'cheering on' (in a manner of speaking) Chelsea through a hatred of ManYoo. On the quiet I don't hate them and I do Chelsea so I am hoping Chelsea lose.

Hope it is a good open attacking game not some boring game of chess on (patchy just laid) grass.

I can't see they're being many goals, but I hope there are. It's the biggest game in English football since 1966. And ironically no Liverpool banner

That said, apparently neither team has sold all its tickets and you can get them at face value. They only get 21,000 each as well. Any touts hoovering them up from foreign FAs will have been hammered.

Are they going to give us English for this game? Looks like not (They usually do for CL!) Please!!

Anyway Come on United!

clap

I hate Nani he is such a prxxk. Did you see the way he took his shirt off and put it on back to front? The Knowing-ness and Self-Centeredness made me feel ill.

Just in case you forgot all

Remember to cancel your Football Sky packages before the end of the month!

No point in paying 10500 yen for the 3 months when there isn't any!

smile