The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes me too I know very little about him.

Looking forward to the games this weekend but I really wish they were on Saturday not Sunday.

I am so much more interested in club footie than internationals.

I see Mickey Owen might be up for sale

"Michael Owen's miserable stay at Newcastle will end during next month's transfer window if the club can find a buyer.

Newcastle are ready to cut their losses on the England striker, who cost them £17million to sign from Real Madrid in the summer of 2005."

I think they will struggle to find someone who will pay 12M + for him. The only team dumb enough to stump up that kind of cash for him would be Newcastle :p I guess he may go to Man City, cant think of anyone else whod buy him...

England has plenty of good managers - Redknapp being the obvious one. The problem is they need to be old - anyone youngish wants to be do the day to day work of a club manager. Theres no-one english who is the right age really, only Venables...

I think Venebles' time has been and gone. I think Capello is a much better coach than TV, but at internationals its not always about coaching but who can inspire passion in the team and I think that redknapp would at least have them fired up. He is doing great at Portsmouth, I just don't fancy him for the England job

REELING Manchester United stars were said to be in shock last night after a team-mate was arrested on suspicion of rape.

Defender Jonny Evans, 19, was being held in custody in the city.

He presented himself to police after jetting back into Manchester Airport following a day-trip to Monaco, thought to be pre-arranged and with a relative.

----

Nearly 100 girls were there, some of whom had travelled hundreds of miles to attend.

One male guest said: 的 spoke to one stunner who had come up from London and another who had travelled from Newcastle.

>>>>

They were gorgeous — it was wall-to-wall babes. Most were aged between 18 and 30 and some were throwing themselves at the players.

The booze was really flowing. Waitresses were handing out pink champagne to whoever wanted it. And the players seemed to be knocking back beer, vodka and whisky.・The guest described the do as a treat party.