The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

He managed a few Isrealie teams and the national side. He 'almost' got them qualified for the World Cup.

So clearly he is qualified for the position ;\)

I think this guy is just in for the short term. They will bring in Hiddink or Scholari or Erikson or that German guy in the summer. In the meantime, they will finish 4th or 5th I imagine and use this season as a transition phase, maybe off-load a few promising young players and bring in some more fading stars...the new Real Madrid.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC NEWS:

Mourinho exit could spark exodus

Chelsea could face a succession of big-name departures after boss Jose Mourinho left Stamford Bridge.

Reports are rife that many of the club's most high-profile players now want to follow him out of Chelsea.

Defender Ricardo Carvalho said: "It is a very sad day for me and the team. I had a big offer from Real Madrid but I stayed at Chelsea because of Mourinho."

And summer signing Florent Malouda added: "I joined Chelsea because of my first meeting with Mourinho."

Several reports claim striker Didier Drogba is "furious and upset" at the parting of the ways between Chelsea and their charismatic Portuguese coach.

AC Milan are admirers of the Ivory Coast striker and would happily finance a move to take him to the San Siro.

Drogba, 29, was Chelsea's top scorer with 33 goals last season.

Reports elsewhere claim Michael Essien and Paulo Ferreira, both brought to Chelsea by Mourinho, may also be mulling over whether to stay at the club.

A huge question mark will also hang over the future of England midfield man Frank Lampard, who has already put talks on a new contract on hold and was regarded as one of Mourinho's most trusted lieutenants in the dressing room.

Lampard has long been linked with a move to Spain with either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

And so Chelski starts to implode. As long as they aren't on for it on Sunday and United thrash them.

We have in the past been had some bad games against teams who have been in turmoil with sudden caretaker managers.

Yes, we are better \:\)

Some dodgy decisions (Cole deserved to be off for his lunge on Ronaldo more than that other dirty tackler), but.... 3 points. Up to 2nd. Surprising after the terrible start to the season.

\:\)

Poor 2pints. I'll buy you on tomorrow night, ok? ;\)

Recap:

1 Arsenal 6 11 16

2 Man Utd 7 4 14

3 Man City 7 3 13

4 Liverpool 6 9 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Newcastle 6 4 11

6 Chelsea 7 -1 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 West Ham 6 3 10

8 Aston Villa 6 3 10

9 Everton 7 0 10

10 Blackburn 6 1 9

11 Portsmouth 7 0 9

12 Wigan 7 1 8

13 Middlesbrough 7 -2 8

14 Birmingham 7 -2 8

15 Sunderland 7 -4 8

16 Reading 7 -6 7

17 Fulham 7 -2 6

18 Tottenham 7 -2 5

19 Bolton 7 -4 4

20 Derby 7 -16 4

\:D \:D \:D

Quote:
England and Chelski skipper John Terry faces a ban for attempting to grab the red card out of the hand of referee Mike Dean during Sunday's controversial match at Old Trafford.

Although Dean refused to take any action against Terry at the time, The Daily Mail claims that he 'has included the actions of Terry - as well as a number of other Chelsea players and staff - in the report he has sent to Soho Square.

5 month ban!! With no wages. That'll teach him.

He should have booked him at the time. this is poor.

Liverpool's Torres scores a hattrick - we needed that on saturday not last night. So much for the league being a priority this year \:\(

uniteds team:

Kuszczak, Bardsley (Brown 45), Evans (Carrick 56), Pique, Simpson, Nani, Martin (Campbell 45), O'Shea, Eagles, Dong, Anderson.

I envy them for being out of that pointless cup.

Coventry 2, ManU 0 lol.gif

The last game I watched at Coventry was the Division 2 championship decider against Aston Vanilla. There were 42,000 in a stadium maxed at 38,000. 4,000 people were standing on the pitch boundary. We beat the brummie gits 2-0. hahahahaha