The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

Quote:
Sven-Goran Eriksson will receive an annual salary of either £2m (Guardian), £3m (Daily Telegraph), £6m (The Times) or £8m (Daily Mail) when he takes over at Man City.

Gossip round-up! I'll take the Daily Mail one!
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodby Thiery Henry. And thank you.

wave.gif \:\(

He's off to Barcelona. Not his best season of course but, ...deary me. It will be anxious watching whether this is the start of other departures or a new positive building.

It will be interesting to see how that all pans out. As long as they are below Liverpool, it'll do me. Apparently Real Madrid are after Wenger now.

Looks like Eriksson is close to that Man City deal. I hope he does actually it should be fun to watch.

Good news...

Nakamuras agent is saying 4 clubs are after him.

If he goes to a premiership club then we can stop having to watch goddamn scottish football on sky on saturday night. That was a nightmare last year.

Seperate note: Whats going on with Liverpool and the buying frenzy that was supposed to happen?

Yeah I was thinking that too bobby12.

Where did you get that on Nakamura? Apart from the fact he is a good player, it would be worth him coming to Liverpool just so that they are on every week!

It was on BBC news today. The agent wont say which clubs yet. It sounded like he was going for a better wage packet for him though, it could all just be a smokescreen.

I do remember a few rumours about Nakamura a couple of months ago. Man Utd were one of the names (though surely with their recent buys Nakamura isn't on their list any more) and so was AC Milan.

The world's top 50 footballers, according to some dude on the Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article1963015.ece

Top 3:

3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)

In the P.C. era (pre-Cristiano) wingers were slight, nippy and small. He redefined the position marrying size and brawn with pace and trickery. You get the sense that, when he’s running at defenders, he could go around them or straight through them. As an added bonus, he’s also an aerial threat on set pieces.

2. Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

There’s a reason he’s always smiling. You’d be smiling all the time too if you knew that you were the best player on the pitch and you were about to make some poor defender look a jackass. He is the poster child for Brazilian football, the proud heir of those who came before him. He didn’t adapt to the European game, he forced it to adapt to him. Put him on the team sheet, sit back and enjoy the show.

1. Kaka (Milan)

The top four are incredibly tight, but he just edges it for one simple reason: he combines Brazilian flair with European directness like nobody else. He truly is a product of two footballing cultures, a man who has all the virtues and none of the vices of either. Speaking of vices, he really, really doesn’t have any. A committed Christian, he announced proudly that he was a virgin on his wedding night. He likes to parade around in his favourite T-shirt, the one that reads “I belong to Jesus” (thereby opening a whole can of worms regarding third-party ownership). And that’s another reason he tops the list - with Kaka in your team, odds are, the big fella upstairs will be on your side as well..

It's real alright. Some kind of publicity stunt. Who, Beckham? Never...

He needs to do a bit of upper-body work to pull off that uniform. I'd look better in it than him, and I'n no Charles Atlas.