What Provoked you to start Skiing or Snowboarding?

Went on a summer holiday to Zell Am See (July 1986) and met my future wife while skiing on the lake. She pursuaded me to go up the glacier the next day for a spot of snow skiing. I was hooked.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

In 1958, my family travelled by ship from Perth back to the UK. We arrived in late December. Our first night was spent in a ratty hotel in London. I went out late into the freezing cold, and there were snowflakes drifting from a black sky into the lamplight. I was six. I fell in love, and this vision will stay with me forever.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
In 1958, my family travelled by ship from Perth back to the UK. We arrived in late December. Our first night was spent in a ratty hotel in London. I went out late into the freezing cold, and there were snowflakes drifting from a black sky into the lamplight. I was six. I fell in love, and this vision will stay with me forever.

I think London in snow would be the best way to see it. Doesn't happen very often does it?

London is just another big crowded stinking polluted city. Snow is very rare. Seeing snow falling from the black sky was truly magic. I was instantly hooked and the itch has never gone away.

Oishida is a great place for an addict.