What Provoked you to start Skiing or Snowboarding?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

My first time skiing was a family holiday to Canada when I was young. Loved it but it was another 9 years before I could really afford to go again. Being in Japan now, I am looking forward to next season already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 weeks in Zermatt working in bar did it for me. Mornings were usually no gos but had a lot of afternoons to enjoy out there.

Best month of my life I recko so far that was.

thumbsup

Love the stories I've read so far!

I first skied at Whakapapa in NZ when I was 16, it was october, visibility was so poor that only happy valley and rock garden were open. I felt like I was skiing on ice. Fell over so much, but really enjoyed it. I thought I broke my leg halfway down rock garden I fell so badly! I can laugh about it now biggrin

6 years later my boyfriend took me on a week holiday to Cardrona - where he spent a fortnight every year as a kid and teen. He taught me enough to get me onto captains on day 1 and whitestar on day 3. On day 5 he proposed and now we're booked and going to Nozawa in January 2011 for our honeymoon!

I have never been so passionate about a sport before, skiing makes me feel fearless, confident, and crazy.

I'm definitely open to trying snowboarding, but I want to get halfway decent at skiing first