• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mogami River (最上川 Mogamigawa) is a river in Yamagata Prefecture, Japan. It is 224 km long and has a watershed of 7,040 km². It is regarded as one of the three most rapid rivers of Japan (along with the Fuji River and the Kuma River).

The river rises from southern Yamagata Prefecture and flows to the north, and turns into the west at Shinjō and falls into the Sea of Japan at Sakata. Water transportation once flourished on the river and carried local products such as safflowers and rice to the Kansai region.

The noted Japanese poet Matsuo Bashō travelled along the river and wrote a famous haiku:

五月雨をあつめて早し最上川

Samidare o atsumete hayashi Mogamigawa

The Mogami River, gathering rain of May and even more rapid

Mogamigawa is also the name of the anthem of Yamagata Prefecture written by Emperor Hirohito. The Japanese Navy had a cruiser named Mogami."

Nice here today. Aircon's off and windows are open, with a pleasant cool breeze.

The only downside is there are buildings going up on two sides of us, so there's plenty of biff. When the building is finished, there will be major roadworks, so no peace until December.

BP, it was infreakingcredible here too!! You met my mate at the Intl beer fest yeah...I went for a inline skate last night and met up with him after to have some beers. The mountains just across the way were lit up, lightning bolts were huuge and lasted a good several seconds \:\) There were also a few hundred bats flying above - you woulda loved it mate \:D

Let's Thunderstorms! clap.gif