• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

I've just been out for an hour watching elderly ladies in kimonos practicing their dance for tomorrow's obon festival. For all intensive porpoises, Japan could be any western country, but the combination of kimonos and the shinkansen pulling in is a wonderful contrast. I love it here. For a Scandiwegian pom, I'm very Asian.

Quote:
Just saw a shooting star. Bet you don't see many of them in Rondon, 2pints.

Actually last night (the night before?) we could see lots (if we were up at 1am and looking outside). Apparently it was very pretty.
 Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Morning. Sunny and clear again, though temps are forecast to drop. Changed my Tee-shirts six times yesterday. Roll-on September.

i went through more beers than you did shirts at least...been nice being at the beach the last few days again grin.gif

...too bad its suma sick.gif crazy.gif shifty.gif sjangry.gif
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
 Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Morning. Sunny and clear again, though temps are forecast to drop. Changed my Tee-shirts six times yesterday. Roll-on September.

i went through more beers than you did shirts at least...been nice being at the beach the last few days again grin.gif

...too bad its suma sick.gif crazy.gif shifty.gif sjangry.gif

lol.gif What a dodgy place that is CB! Had some good beers up there with you thumbsup.gif Those breakfast Hoegardens really hit the spot!

Morning. The heat only really arrived down here in the last two days. I'm stuck at work today.... I might be able to escape and go for a swim but it would have to be soon because the water heats right up by lunchtime...

It's been a bstard up here for the past week, but Yamagata has now passed on the crown for Japan's highest recorded temperature. It was good having hot nights for obon, but now we're on the downslope to autumn. Goody.

There's the Mogami, which is one of Japan's major navigable rivers. Historically it was the source of Oishida's wealth. It's a bit green though.

There's a big tributary close by, which is crystal clear. That's where I go to stand with a cold beer on a hot night.