SnowJapan Community

I noticed that this morning too, muika- and I'm just outside tokyo's heat island effect. Strangely early this year.

I see parts of Hokkaido, actually TB's area are under emergency warnings for very heavy rain.

Maybe a boat required to get to worl today.

I see at Chitose they've recorded 78mm in one hour. That's seriously heavy rain.

A mate of mine in Sapporo has reported he's had 270mm at his place since last night.

Yeah last nights rain, thunder n lightning was crazy!! I got woken up umpteen times by the government emergency alert texts!! Some places under evacuation warnings.....rains off now tho and all schools are cancelled....happy days!! :D

There are parts of the city that in danger of swimming, especially in the mountainous parts of minami-ku….but looking out my window there doesn't seem to be anything different from any other rainy day

The thunder and rain stopped around 7pm, clear sky out at the moment, and actually needed a coat on when I walked my dogs it is cold out.

12oC with a brisk NW wind.

Even though here is highland area and is a cold area, it is rather cold for the time of year.

Another cold start with temps going down to single digits again, but warming up to high teens or low 20 maybe today.

On the way to Tama zoo today, for a special event, hopefully the weather behaves.

A lovely but bit windy morning, the sun is out, cool temps but warm in the sun, just right for a nice bike ride.

Thinking to go to Suwa and back for a bike ride today.

One of the many 'happy Mondays' we get this time of year. Which gives us enough time to go.. Nowhere in particular :/.

When's that 'mountain holiday' supposed to be springing up again?

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content