It's (the typhoon) screwing with my income as one of the years biggest events for us is being cancelled....wife just called with the bad news. BIG revenue down the drain.... :sadface:

Bummer mate. No-one likes downtime!!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

This approaching typhoon is going to suck as we might be more in its direct path this time and it is supposed to be travelling much slower so more damage time.

As long as it does not destroy my autumn crops or my greenhouse.

This approaching typhoon is going to suck as we might be more in its direct path this time and it is supposed to be travelling much slower so more damage time.

As long as it does not destroy my autumn crops or my greenhouse.

Strange that the foreign media seems to be making a bigger deal out of it than the local weather birds. Yahoo news has a cool photo of it from the space station. It does in fact look pretty ominous.

BM....still pretty flat right now though.. Might be like #18 where you'll get swell over on your side rather than here.

Yeah, the plan is to stay on the west coast of Izu I think. Might try a couple of spots between here and Omaezaki as well.

The reason the foreign media is making such a big deal about this is because it must be a slow news day. Typhoons are always a lot more powerful when they are way way out in the pacific but by the time the make landfall on Honshu they are almost always downgraded. That's not to say that this one might not be bad... but making a call on how destructive it's going to be is impossible when it's still 100s of kilometers from shore.

I have such a love hate relationship with typhoons. Hopefully no more evacuation warnings here this time. It's too stressful for me!

Yeah, the plan is to stay on the west coast of Izu I think. Might try a couple of spots between here and Omaezaki as well.

The reason the foreign media is making such a big deal about this is because it must be a slow news day. Typhoons are always a lot more powerful when they are way way out in the pacific but by the time the make landfall on Honshu they are almost always downgraded. That's not to say that this one might not be bad... but making a call on how destructive it's going to be is impossible when it's still 100s of kilometers from shore.

I have such a love hate relationship with typhoons. Hopefully no more evacuation warnings here this time. It's too stressful for me!

Ya...there were certainly a lot of evacuation warnings here, too. More than usual. I get the wife, kid and dog looking at me with "those eyes" of... "our lives are in your hands with your decision to stay or go to a shelter." Stressful for sure!!

The last typhoon (18) was a strange one. It literally rained super heavy for 24hrs before the wind arrived. Although it wasn't that strong, the rain meant a lot of flooding but what was worse was all the loose soil. Part of the Tokaido got covered by a landslide. Also, a really good friend of mine lives right at the bottom of Kanuki mountain and we are always worried for him and his family during those storms. It looks like there is a lot of rain forecast before this one arrive too so further landslide are a real possibility. Fingers crossed it's not as bad!

In Tokyo all day today, feels like summer in Kobuchisawa here, just a t-shirt required, and I used aircon in the car.

Everything still green here.

When I left my house it was cold.