• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

Eye of the storm is over us with the sun out a little.

Some strong gusts but not as bad as other areas, but as the back end pass over us we could get some very very strong winds before it finally passes.

The storm passed through Shizuoka, south of Mt. Fuji, straight over the town I live in. Don't think the eye of the storm passed anywhere near you.

We didnt escape the wind, very strong winds here now gusting at times, but compared to Shizouka and Kanagawa we escaped the worsed of it.

Looks like the eye of the storm passed further east of us in the end so we didnt get the full impact of the storm, which is good of course, but not so good for those who did.

19oC and actually feels warm compared to the past few days, but will most likely turn cold again from tonight as the winds go back to a more nw direction later.

My friends street in Hiratsuka, Kanagawa :o

F5D0FC5E-EAF2-4B3A-85E4-B4F40A1342F8_zpsa5hn2esu.png

Given the amount of mud on the main road, and the flooding at the local conbini and supermarket, that's probably what main road by us looked like.

Lovely view of the mountains this morning on the way to work. A distinct drop in temperature too, as lady Peetan duly noted (I.e. Complained about- she's more of a summer person).

Was a nice day here, especially first thing, clear blue sky, quite cold but warmed up enough to only need a thin jacket or thick shirt on.

Cold outside again now and rather cloudy.

I start to miss the UK when I smell log fires.

Composting autumn leaves, bonfires, spent fireworks and cooked chestnuts. You get some of them in Japan too, but in the summer so the subtlety is different. It's more homely in the UK, but more festive here.

That said, anything that says snow is on the way to Japan is very welcome :D

Seems to be very like that here too.

This is my first whole year in this area, but feels more like back in the UK than Japan, weather wise in this area.

Quite a few houses here have fire places.

It actually got cold here very early, with temps really dropping off from early as late August, whether that was just this year or normal I dont know as it is my first year to live here, but surprised by how quickly it cooled down here when compared to many other parts of Japan.